New issue, experiencing black screens with HP Reverb G2

I was also seeing the intermittent black screen/volume up/volume back issue. Was so bad I couldn’t finish any of the training missions. Tried a Bluetooth headset without realizing it wouldn’t work but was able to play through with no sound. Definitely feels like a sound/signal loss that’s coming over the USB port. Was able to resolve by changing to a different USB port, this one usb 3.2 gen 2 type a and that seemed to do the trick. The other ports were gen1.

Who knows if that is ultimately the underlying error but not complaining and now back to flying

1 Like

I’m informed that there is a firmware update in the pipeline which, hopefully, will solve the problem.

Try uncoiling your main cable… I had intermittent black screen events followed by rainbow colored static being visible on the screen (dark screens made it very obvious / annoying). Uncoiling my cable solved this issue. I had the excess cable nicely coiled next to me on the floor. Just make sure it doesn’t cross over itself.

I have some snap-on style ferrite chokes on order to add to the cable and see if it solved the intermittent issue.

I am having the exact same problem. I just increased the ram to 32 gb but it had no effect

I used the adapter and plugged the smaller cable into the regular usb instead of the usb c. So far it seams to have done the trick

firmware is up

Read the install doc.
I downloaded and install. Works perfect for me.
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112954.exe

Pardon my ignorance, but would you mind helping a little more on how to get to the .exe when I click on your link that does not do anything for me.
Thanks for your help

Clik on the reddit link there you wil find the same link.
Or copy and paste the exe link in your browser url.

Yep, there must be some sort of issue with my browser (Microsft Edge).
Pasting the .exe into the browser does not give me anything but a blank page.

When in Reddit inside of:
Reverb G2 Audio Firmware - The Advanced Screening.
I click on The Firmware Installer link and blank page again
: (

The firmware download finally appeared @ support.hp.com in the driver and downloads section.
Thanks