New limited quest for Xbox

Hello,
Let`s start discussion…
What do you think about it?

It gives some hope for more attention in VR in Msfs…from developer ?? Fingers cross :grinning:

1 Like

It’s building on the Xbox cloud gaming feature ie virtual screen in your living space, I believe your going to get true vr in headset

This is just a normal Quest reskinned in an Xbox theme to go along with the already announced upcoming ability to play game pass games in 2d on a virtual screen inside the Quest headset. No version of the quest is currently planned for the Xbox, and I highly doubt this will have any effect at all on dev plans for MSFS.

I’ve already done this. Not much upcoming about it :wink:

There is. That’s literally what’s in the article.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I see nowhere in that article that it says anything about it being FOR or working with the Xbox. Lots of “inspired by” and a mention of Big Screen with Gamepass but not much else. Other articles on this announcement run in the same vein.

“We’re working together again [with Microsoft] to create a limited-edition Meta Quest, inspired by Xbox,”

" but the partnership with Microsoft sounds like it’s simply a limited-edition headset"

“comes out of the box with Xbox controllers and Game Pass, so you can immediately just start playing on a big screen anywhere you go.”

I’m with you Skedge. ‘Inspired by’ is very different to ‘compatible with’.
There would be a ton more fanfare if this thing actually provided VR to Xbox users.

Hmm, yes, I think I’m with you after reading it again. The quote which let me believe it was a genuine Xbox headset was from 2016.