New London Gatwick Airport for MSFS by Origami Studios - Preview!

The NEW Origami Studios London Gatwick Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator is due to be released soon… and today I have a quick 3 minute pre-release sneak preview to show you all! Hope you enjoy it!

There will be more to come from this airport including some live streams so stay tuned for more, click like and click subscribe!

2 Likes

Why this option over the free version on flightsim.to website?

This smells fishy to me. The Creator of the Freeware version has created a payware worthy rendition and has freely given it to us. Now someone comes along and is going to be offering a payware rendition. I sense a disturbance in the force and will continue with the freeware version – not so much because it is free, but because it is awesome and is the right thing to do.

6 Likes

It is better on performance on my system and visually has a more realistic look/feel imo - they both have their positives sure but I can actually use this one more without CTDing etc

What’s fishy about a Payware add-on being developed? Should they stop development because someone made a free version? Certainly not - the fact they will have to compete with one another is only a good thing I’d like to think.

5 Likes

I think it looks great. I’ve been using the freeware version for a while, and yes it’s fantastic for free, but performance can be taxing, even on my high spec rig. As a local to Gatwick, I’m looking forward to more polished reconstruction, even if I have to pay a few quid for it.

I’ve been told it “won’t be more than the XP version” which is priced at £20 I believe so hopefully a little less - which for a major UK airport and one of the busiest on VATSIM, is pretty good imo especially with the more realistic “lived-in” look to it

@BritishAvgk My reasoning behind saying it smells fishy is that as soon as the free and very extensive version was complete, Origami comes out with a payware version. And considering the cash grabs being conducted by certain developers, I can’t help but wonder whether or not the freeware version was pirated for some easy money. And as far as performance goes, I’ve never experienced any performance issues with the freeware rendition, even on my middle-of-the-road PC. Don’t think I am against payware add-ons. I usually prefer payware over freeware. It’s just that in this case I am a little suspicious. That’s all. And truth be told, until now, I’d never heard of Origami: despite having been a user of X-Plane 11 for a few years now. But to each their own.

Surely the video is proof there’s nothing fishy going on?

Origami is one of iniBuilds partners. If you used XP11 you must have heard of ini at least? I highly doubt they would condone piracy in any degree.

Been looking forward to this one, I love mkvey’s work but it does lack that certain realism that many payware airports capture. Thanks for the video @BritishAvgk!

2 Likes

@BobbyFuzzy, I don’t see how the video is proof of anything. It doesn’t show enough of the airport to prove anything. And I never said conclusively there is something fishy. It just made me a little suspicious. That’s all. I do remember iniBuild, although I’ve never purchased any of their products.

It’s nice. But has the jetway bug. (No jetways at any gates)

Well it should be really cheap, like 8€ cheap or extremely detailed because freeware version is amazing. Don’t think i’m gonna buy this.

That‘s a SU5 bug and has nothing to do with this addon

I prefer the freeware one however I hope that a payware Heathrow comes soon really lacking that one

I know. Hence why I said “the jetway bug”

Don’t you have a handcrafted Heathrow already?
(Premium Deluxe Edition)

Yeah it’s not payware quality tho unfortunately

Totally agree. Watched the YouTube review videos and it’s a little expensive for what you get.

Out of interest, does anyone else have this on Xbox? It’s on sale at the moment and I can’t get it to actually ‘work’ on the Xbox any more - crashes every time!

Just bought it today. Crashes/black screen everytime. Even on approach from another place.

Xbox Series X here