New menu for aircraft submodels/variants

added my topic into this as well! looks like the original suggestion is back from 2020 :person_facepalming:t4:
i have a feeling this may take a while to implement

I wish they had redone the whole GUI, it’s so messy…

2 Likes

I too am close to this theme! I wrote to support today because it’s funny to see the scrolling in the aircraft category selection drop down box. With a huge empty space at the bottom. No one has noticed?

Plus there’s not enough ability to create your own aircraft type category.

Would be nice to have. I uninstalled the Hunter package because it created a wall of sub types in the aircraft selection menu, making it harder to find other aircraft.

It’s a great suggestion, though the whole plane display needs a rework with ability to tag and filter more easily as well in addition to aggregating models under a base model type.

Since the Reno expansion has so many issues that don’t seem to be getting any love from Asobo, I uninstalled the Reno expansion and all 40 aircraft, and it decreased the loading time by ~30secs (on SU10 Beta 5). Double win!

Then I selected my favourite plane from each category (Pitts, T6, P51, L38) that flies ok in normal MSFS mode, and just copied them back into the Official folder. You also need to copy the common and passive versions of the plane as well. Now I have one of each I can fly if I need, and use the free Reno race addon if I want to have a race around the course.

If they ever bother to put the work into Reno to make it worth the money we paid, I’ll look into reinstalling it.

4 Likes

Great suggestion, thanks

Having a menu in Customization or even a tab under ‘Liveries’ called ‘Variants’ would be a nice QoL feature.

Currently the game has multiple options for the same aircraft. It’s pretty ugly and having an endless scroll bar of 5 of the same aircraft is going to get ugly when new aircraft gets introduced.

“Another useful feature is to sort aircraft by speed.”

Or by “type”, which would make more sense. :slight_smile: (Military Jet, Military Prop, GA Prop, GA Jet, Airliner Jet, Airliner pro, Rotary Wing, etc…

It would be great if the aircraft were additionally grouped by ICAO/type and the aircraft selection menu would not have such a mess and an incredible number of duplicates with variations.

Just add ONE aditional button in menu. LIVERY/VARIATION

5 Likes

Hello,

I don’t know if this will get entertained, but I was one of those guys that bought every Reno Air-race plane in the bundle.

I did not realize how each aircraft was essentially the same model with a different livery…so when browsing aircraft, all the other options besides the Reno planes sort of get lost in the shuffle.

Theres like 50 of them (+/-).

I am suggesting a seperate category, or a better way to seperate these aircraft from the main selection.

1 Like

Hello,

as there are more and more awesome aircraft joining my hangar I started thinkting if it could be possible to tidy up the aircraft selection a bit.

For example there are three variants for the C172 (Wheels, floats and skis) makes a total of six different C172s (with another thee for the G1000 version)
So if you scroll through all the aircraft, you‘ll see six 172s and that applies to other aircraft as well

My idea was to make a subfolder kinda menu where you first select the C172 and then you get to choose the avionic type you like and then the vatiant (wheel etc.)
So if you‘re going through all your different planes you‘ll see just one C172/ Savage Cub/ NX Cub and so on.

Would make everything a bit cleaner :slight_smile:

Another idea would be to sort them by alphabet, also the dropdown menu for sorting after Propeller, Airliners, Turboprop etc.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

The basic idea is good, though it is hard to see how this would work on XBox it may need to be a “PC Only” feature.

Try the freebie here, see if that works for you.

Try tagging them with a letter, z if you want them last, then sort.

1 Like

I would like to see a model selection drop down much like the drop down we use for liveries. This would display the main model only, and if skis, floats, tundra tires etc are wanted you would select it as you need it. This would keep my aircraft selection screen neater and quicker to navigate. Select the livery you want and then the model. Thank you for considering.

Microsoft and Asobo should put Reno airplanes as liveries to make Aircraft Selection screen cleaner and easier.

1. L-39 has 11 planes, can be simplified to 3 on Plane Selection menu:
  • L-39 (4 planes)
  • L-39C (5 planes)
  • L-39MS (1 plane)
  1. Pitts S-1 9 planes can be simplified to 3
  • Pitts S-1C (2)
  • Pitts S-1E (1)
  • Pitts S-1S (6)
  1. T-6 family from 12 to 8 (even to 4 if (AT-6, T-6, SNJ-4 and SNJ-5)
  • AT-6 (1)
  • AT-6A (1)
  • AT-6B (1)
  • AT-6D (1)
  • T-6 (1)
  • T-6G (3)
  • SNJ-4 (1)
  • SNJ-5 (2)

4 - Mustang 11 planes to 3

• F-51D (3)
  • P-51A (1)
  • P-51D (7)

We can easly simplify from 43 aircraft to 17, and mod makers can put their liveries inside the models.

2 Likes

I would love to see the hanger more organized and make the planes have the option for accessories / options (skis, pontoons, and/or glass cockpits vs 6-pack…) once the plane has been picked.

3 Likes

I think it would be a great idea to have the ability to create your own categories of aircraft (or at least have more options) in the search window on the “aircraft selection” page. Right now the search is restricted only to fundamental types of aircraft, such as turboprops, jets, propellers etc. Being able to group aircraft of the same manufacturer would greatly improve the experience of collecting different models. Currently, all my Cessna planes are spread around, which makes it harder to compare and pick one for the next flight. Also, I really like vintage Beechcraft aircraft and having them (and only them) on one page may encourage me to buy other models (google “psychology of collecting”). More happy fliers, more sales, what’s not to like? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes.
10 characters

Also. It will be great if a FAVORITE aircraft menu will be added.

Pin your favorite aircraft/livery to a different menu.

2 Likes

Voted! I agree with previous posts that have suggested additional variants such as Amphibian or Ski that would make aircraft selection a little bit easier :slightly_smiling_face: