New Meta Quest 2 User with Problems

I just purchased my Meta Quest 2 and think I have everything set up as it’s supposed to be. I cannot see MSFS thru my goggles. Is there a trick I’m missing. It’s got to be something very simple but I can’t figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Please provide an ordered list of your steps to connect first to the PC, setting OpenXR as the active Oculus runtime, and then using Control-Tab ( after MSFS is started ) to enable the 3D simulation image. Also post your equipment ( example, CPU@5Ghz+Nvidia RTX3070) and whether you are using Airlink or the Link cable. What do you currently see in the Quest2?

Explain in detail your computer, OS, graphics card, and cable or wifi connection to Quest 2

Explain what you installed and are running e.g.:

• meta oculus app?
  • oculus debug tool or oculus tray tool or openXR (running as administrator?)
  • virtual desktop?
  • MSFS store or steam?

Every step from boot till pressing ctrl-tab?

I’m just a bit in front of you, I have managed two VR flights but could not get linked up tonight when I wanted to do my first VR group flight.

Ps. I’m using Oculus app + OTT over cable

You’ve established the link to the PC before trying VR in MSFS?

That special “trick” you think you are missing might just be the OpenXr Runtime.

Here’s how to set it up.

Once you’ve done that, msfs should recognize your headset and you’ll be able to jump into VR with the button combination displayed on the bottom of the screen in menu’s.

mind you, that’s where the setting up of the goggles actually starts. It’s all dependant on what system you are running, the combination of parts is ultimately what drives the headset. You can have the best of kit, but still be struggling to either see everything clear or run a decent framerate.
I too, thought that this stuff would be plug and play by now, but i’m afraid it’s not.

You might want to start watching youtube and do some digging in this forum (the VR section) in regards to what you can actually pre-set in the aforementioned quest2 app or in things like oculus tray tool/oculus debug tool… just dont go changing settings you have no knowledge about yet.Hence, watch some vids about the subject to really be able to dail it in.
But still, without you providing the boys here with details about your system and for instance the hardware (link) Cable or the software like virtual desktop for instance, we can only do a guessing game on what you are actually missing to get your quest 2 running in msfs.

have a great day, looking forwards to your replies.

Regards,

Frank.

1 Like

Other genders are available I’m sure.

1 Like