New Microsoft Flight Simulator Interview With Jorg Neumann: GOTY Edition/Reno, Plans For the Future, Marketplace Issues, Updates, & More

I like your style - you didn’t shy away from a few difficult questions but asked them in a non-confrontational way. So, the interview really does come across as a genuine conversation and really shines some light on some of his decisions and the reason he does things a certain way. He comes across as someone who really puts a lot of thought into how to do things right and build good relationships.

8 Likes

Thanks to the kind words. To be fair though, I can’t claim all the credit for that. There are developers with whom you can afford to do that, and developers who will immediately shoot you down and shut you off as soon as your questions start to stray from the marketing line.

Luckily Jorg belongs to the first group, so he’s really easy to interview. He really does half the work for you, because he elaborates a lot on every question, and what he adds on his own is often more interesting than what you asked :smiley:

11 Likes

Thank you for the interview, some great insights

1 Like

I echo what Jeremy indicates above. I have indicated before jorg was with Age of Empires before MSFS and is a consumate strategist, intelligent and he does care about the end users experience. This is going to be some ride with him steering the MSFS ship and for me as a previous non -simmer its been amazing so far…

Great interview by you

3 Likes

Great interview as always @Abriael.

It provides us all with an insight that is often more valuable than even the Q&A especially with the added background provided by Jorg in response to your good questions.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Jorg Neumann: I heard that the DC-6 is coming to Xbox

Hell yeah!

Great interview, thank you.

1 Like

Nice interview. Sometimes I need to be reminded that having good ideas, transferring those ideas into code, and then getting the results you like it no easy feat.

When Jorg elaborates and explains it the way he does, I can’t help but to be patient with the team.

2 Likes

I enjoyed reading that interview, thanks for posting about it.

1 Like

Hopefully they will update about Xbox series s and x cockpit screens going out in then CTD long flights

Hopefully we will get updated on Xbox series x and s bug

I find it ironic that SU8 “will be about fixing bugs”. After all, was (at least) SU6 anything else than fixing bugs?

It all emerged in one of the recent Dev sessions, where Matt from WT said that he suggested there should be a sim update just to fix bugs nothing else.

While the community had been screaming for bug fixing since release, people have been arguing about efforts going into world updates and other stuff, suddenly the devs say “oh what a fantastic idea from Matt, let’s do that SUBugFix”.

6 Likes

Very nice interview. He seems like a personable fellow. Seems passionate about improving things and committing to this 10 year plan they have for the sim.

1 Like

Great interview. The sim just gets better and better. They have really done a great job with their comms and their product. The last couple of releases have been spot on and the sim keeps going from strength to strength.

3 Likes

I see there is also already a review on that site

Looks pretty good, METAR transitions aren’t as well integrated as the interview answers suggest, but only under specific weather conditions.

Now the question is, how many GBs will it all add up to. I might have to start uninstalling hand crafted airports, unused planes etc, running out of space.

I’ve never had that happen , I flew a 7 hr flight this weekend. Not sure how much of that style of flying I will continue to do because at 38,000ft over an ocean is well, boring ha ha. Thank goodness for autopilot.

1 Like

Did you get a sense if SU8 is going to only fix bugs that have been voted on?

There certainly are a number of bugs that don’t get high votes, but that doesn’t mean they ought to be ignored. Plus, I’m sure there are many people flying the sim that don’t come here to participate or to vote one way or another.

When I worked in QA, we didn’t, internally, vote on bugs; we submitted a bug report and a bug had a severity rating rather than a popularity rating. I’m hoping that the bugs aren’t being “popularized”.

BTW, I’ve enjoyed your writing offsite and continued thoughts here on the forum. Thanks for that!

He didn’t really specify, and I don’t wanna speak for him, but I think he means fixing all the major outstanding bugs. In three months it should certainly be doable.

i don’t think that’s how the saying goes…

1 Like

Yeah your right.

My bad :rofl::joy:, I am shocked no one else picked this fopar up earlier. Wished the fantastic moderators would of said something to save my embarrassment.