New Nvidia Driver 527.37 WHQL 1/12/22

This thread is for the discussion of Nvidia Driver 527.37 WHQL

Game Ready for Marvel’s Midnight Suns

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games including Marvel’s Midnight Suns featuring NVIDIA DLSS 2 and advanced ray tracing effects. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of Need for Speed Unbound which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology.

Fixed Issues

• Driver 526.98 fails to install on certain GeForce GTX 3060 Ti graphics cards [3872912]
  • MSI Afterburner is not prioritizing GPU temp limit over power when selected in app [3858911]
  • Flicker may be observed when streaming using the TikTok Broadcasting Tool [3831084]
  • [RTX 40 series] Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition may show random screen flash during gameplay [3793355]
  • Background apps may randomly display a slight shift in color saturation [3766872]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
  • Older versions of Minecraft Java Edition show corruption on screen [3870232]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.[3592260]
  • [Microsoft Surface Book 2] Display driver fails to install on GeForce GTX 1060 [3876764]

Working fine with my system 3700X & 2070 Super. No noticeable difference to previous version for me. Can’t comment on VR performance as I don’t have access to it.

4 Likes

Guru3D, (Evil Toaster) have released their ‘skinny’ driver 527.37, (bloatware removed and smaller download) which is quite popular with some of our readers. You can find the driver from the link below…

Guru3D discussion relating to this new driver release. Four pages of discussion so far…

Charles.

No special things in this version for the MSFS sim. :yawning_face:

1 Like

Defintately mor stutter on ground a cpl of seconds (like its buffering something), then smoother but with fps hickups. I have also updated my B450-F AMD Chipset driver, if that have something to do with it. I also find more stutter in games like CS:GO etc. =(

1 Like

BoxiestAbyss,

This may not be anything to do with the driver as a great many of us do not experience these problems. Much the same as not all people experience CTD’s with the simulator. I think we need to worry when great numbers of people start to complain about the same problem. Try uninstalling the driver and reinstall it again. I have reinstalled a driver up-to three times in the past and on the third occasion the problem resolved. When uninstalling the driver disconnect from the internet, Windows sneaks in a retro driver on my system if I dont disconnect from the internet when updating drivers. Some people are reporting stutters after the latest update to the simulator. There are so many variables which make it difficult to diagnose problems within the software/hardware environment of the PC and simulator.

Cheers!

Charles.

I have a B450 AMD based m/b too and updated the chipset drivers last week (ver. 4.11.15.342) , I’ve not tried anything other than MSFS but it doesn’t seem to be causing me any issues with that.
I did have a problem with a previous AMD chipset driver though, but that was solved by disabling my anti-virus before reinstalling it. Since then I have always disabled the AV before installing the chipset drivers.

1 Like

Thanks for informing me / us =)

Well…something seems off. Much lower fps and stutter, both in cockpit and externally. Almost like in the “good old (?) days”. Playing FS2020 has been kind of flawless last month, and not this…
The only thing thats changed is med going from 100/100 connection to 250/250, and that hopefully not be the problem… Its like Im back on an lower end pc…

I run sim in VR, reverb g2, 9900k, 3080Ti and went from 23 fps steady to about 17 with stutters all the way. System maxed out due to the G2, and 23 fps earlier seemed ok. Reverti g ti older driver

Some of the earlier drivers have security problems, I cannot recall how many driver iterations ago before the fix for the security problem was addressed. Bear this in mind when going ‘retrograde’ with Nvidia drivers. If you do a search of this forum you will find out when the security fix was applied and to which iteration of driver the patch started from.

Charles.

Problems with Nvidia drivers can be reported using this form…

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141/~/[geforce]-how-to-provide-valuable-feedback-to-nvidia

Big blue patches of earth around Nice, France for me today.

Thought we were over the blue patches.

Is that anything to do with this driver? I don’t think the driver would cause that, do you?
If you believe the blue patches are caused by this driver, pls use the form, (Display Driver Feedback Form) above to report the issue to Nvidia.

Charles.

ISO Dates 2022-12-01, pass it along.

1/12/22 could be 2022-12-01 or 2022-01-12

2 Likes

Thank you. I was just thinking the same.

1 Like

It is 1 december 2022. :smirk:

Is that anything to do with this driver? I don’t think the driver would cause that, do you?
If you believe the blue patches are caused by this driver, pls use the form, (Display Driver Feedback Form) above to report the issue to Nvidia.

Isn’t there like a huge history of blue earth patches related to drivers with this sim?

Hi CreamCheese,

I think we need to see if other people report blue patches within the simulator using this driver. At present I have not heard of any other reports within this forum or elsewhere. If it becomes an issue, I have created a link to the Nvidia Driver Feedback Form and would urge people to use it. There are so many variables within the PC hardware and software environment, we have to tread cautiously and with an open-mind. I thought the issue before was with pink patches? I am working from memory, correct me if I am wrong…

BRGDS

Charles.

IIRC, the pink patches were for aircraft liveries. The blue patches were for ground textures.

Will see if it becomes an issue further. So far, I have only seen this issue once with these new drivers.

1 Like