New Nvidia Driver 528.02. Is anyone testing this?

Are you sure about that? I have never used DDU but have always used the custom install if I want to remove my drivers before the installation of a new driver with no issues.

Yes, for ages i did the same, during a point having issues (so long ago i can’t remember), ran DDU, fixed issue and had the best performance/stability in a long while.
I had heard about DDU for a while, but never went through the (estimated hassle)…it takes maybe 5min longer, but you have the piece of mind knowing that it is a fresh install

Instead, go to the official source to download DDU.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

4 Likes

That blue screen, above is not from my system but from another simmer. My system is fine. for the moment.

I have had this happen to me once in the past. After the initial hiccup using the same driver, it never happened again while using the installed driver. It’s probably nothing to worry about. Often, I have had to install a specific driver up-to three times before I was happy with the installation. Sometimes for me, a reinstall of the same driver can fix problems.

BRGDS

Charles.

If you have a virus free system then safe mode isn’t really necessary. You can simply run DDU, restart your PC and then run it again immediately before installing your driver(s)… At least that worked for me (Windows 11).

1 Like

The blurry screens are worst with this version. I have tried all possible settings. QUALITY is the less worst but still bad compare to previous version.

image_2023-01-07_141218603

I have RTX 4090. DLSS 3 is however all good on FPS performance.

Check your graphics settings. Sometimes they change when the driver is updated. For some reason my bushes and grass was sent to off and it had switched to DX12.

This driver is working very well with PCVR with my i9 9900k/rtx3090 Win10 pro PC using my wired OG Vive Pro and Quest Pro with Air Link. I used DDU to delete 527.56 beforehand. Slightly better performance with msfs (dx11) as well as slightly lower gpu temps. Good job Nvidia, thanks.

titime64,

I don’t have any problems with blurry textures. I don’t think the problem is due to the driver. I would set the driver to it’s default settings using the NV CTL Panel and try starting again. You might want to try reinstalling the same driver again if all else fails.

Charles.

Staying put on the earlier December driver for now. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

This release seems to be producing higher temperatures in the GPU compared to 526.98. Not very scientific but a couple of 1 1/2 hour trips across similar scenery at a similar altitude (6000 to 7000 ft) the new release seems to run around 3-5C hotter, which is not good.

I did other benchmarks and tests with those new drivers, precise tests with reproducible situation. So far, as I said previously, I don’t catch any difference on fps or temp. Similar to previous ones.
I never use MSFS to test fps and temp with new drivers released, MSFS is the most inconstant program I have on my machine. Two different launch get you two different result.
It’s performance inconsistency is the only thing 100% reproducing.

As long as I restart in the same area with the same aircraft I find my msfs performance is pretty consistent. Maybe you have other processes running in the background?

1 Like

Could have been, but I already checked that (I know pretty well each processes running in background, I use to search malware and virus just by reading the list, part of my job). My guess with MSFS is online dependency is heavy and also they are some fishy settings in the Sim (E.g. sometimes reducing a settings and you get lower perfs until you relaunch several times).
And to be more precise I don’t check fps, I check CPU, GPU, RAM and storage % usage. I can have same fps but better GPU headroom for example. It’s mainly those usage tests which are inconsistant in MSFS (mainly, good things happen sometimes :wink: )…
Benchmarks in other games are pretty consistant on my machine (Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin’s Creed games, etc. ) so I use them.

Same for me but live weather can make a big difference. Which is why after every update I always recalibrate with clear skies initially and then a scattered clouds preset. Notsomuch gpu updates but parameters in Sim updates can change significantly making a retune essential (without frame caps).

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth! I just mentioned that to a buddy of mine.

Yes, frustrating, for sure.

I think part of that is the reliance on streaming data from their servers. Getting a different telecomm route, connecting to a different physical MS server, changes in our local Internet Service Provider’s performance… a lot of variance with each session (or even within one session).

3 Likes