New Nvidia Driver 528.02. Is anyone testing this?

NVIDIA Game Ready & Studio Driver 528.02 has been released

• This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Conqueror’s Blade and Dakar Desert Rally.
  • The January NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications and updates announced at CES including a new Eye Contact feature for NVIDIA Broadcast and a myriad of new functionality for NVIDIA Omniverse.
  • Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
  • FIXED Portal RTX hang during resolution/mode change and GFE recording [3894168]
  • FIXED [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
  • FIXED AVS4You monochrome video preview [3890225]
  • FIXED Players report black/grey screens in Outer Wilds with 522.25 driver [3841593]
  • FIXED Lumion Pro 12.3 - Heavy corruption observed on app window [3784371]
  • FIXED Fixed brightness issue on some Notebooks [3765244]

Our Discussion Thread here: Reddit - Dive into anything
NVIDIA Driver forum thread is here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/507384/geforce-grd-52802-feedback-thread-released-1523/
Submit driver feedback directly to NVIDIA: https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

3 Likes

Maybe interesting for RTX 4000 serie and DLSS 3 users.
No positive effect for other RTX or GTX users.

1 Like

This can affect everyone. However, a BSOD has been reported.

“Hi guys was playing Microsoft flight sim and this happened. I’ve installed the new Nvidia drivers and my system is up to date. Then it went to bios. It’s booted to windows now. Any reason for this?”

1 Like

Didn’t test with MSFS, but benchmarked in few different apps and game. Same exact fps, not bad, not better, just same performance (RTX3070).

3 Likes

For me after 2 hours after update, same as the previous version. No issues (RTX3080 - I9 10900K - 4K)

1 Like

I just downloaded and installed the new driver 528.02 through Geforce Experience app. I got a black screen (which usually happens, then the screen comes back) but this time the screen stayed black. Both monitors stayed completely black. I let it sit for about 5 mins to see if it would come back and maybe finish the install, but the screens never came back. I hard reset my pc and it booted up fine, and the new driver is installed.

Not really sure what happened, haven’t had any problems since. Anyone else have this issue? Going to try out MSFS now to see if all is well.

I hat this problem a few months ago multiple times - my screens went black and the PC appeared to be running, but nothing was displayed (I use three monitors). After dealing with the problem for several weeks (it would happen no matter what I was running), I read that using the Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B might reload the video drivers to at least prevent me from having to reboot, but ironically after I found that nugget of info I didn’t have the problem again. I’ve just loaded the driver myself so we’ll see what happens.

1 Like

I’m on a 3070 too. My performance has tanked completely. You’d think that the sim would then look better, but it’s both performance and visuals that have degraded.

1 Like

I tested the latest Nvidia driver and as expected no positive or negative changes observed.

3 Likes

Probably problem with dwm.exe (desktop windows manager).
Check via event viewer.

I don’t have symptoms you described with those new drivers, all is fine and similar than previous one on my machine.
Are you using Geforce Experience to automatically tune your MSFS graphic settings? I’m asking because I don’t, and that can possibly explain if they changed their algorithm.

I installed (without Geforce Experience). Everything smooth without problems at first glance nothing has changed.

Thanks to everyone who has given their feedback here.

2 Likes

I have had some corrupt system files and many CTD’s with the Honda Jet. Given the system fixes that I completed today and this new driver, I can complete a local circuit bash at KDGE and almost complete a second landing before having a CTD which does not even have a CTD warning message. I am using pay-ware scenery for Eagle County Airport. I am not sure what the problem is however, I like this driver with my trusted 1070 GPU. I removed the bloatware from the driver myself.

Here is the de-bloated driver from Guru3D with the bloat removed for you if you don’t want to do that yourself…

Charles

1 Like

Running a system file checker may fix this. To do this open CMD and type in sfc /scannow. Notice the space after sfc. Also, run CMD as administrator.

1 Like

I updated to this driver and got my first stutters since buying my new 12900K/3080ti system. So I tried uninstalling the driver and boy was that a pain. But I finally managed, and reinstalled 527.26, only now Geforce Experience is telling me I have 527.26 installed, but when I look in my Installed Apps list it says 528.02 is installed. (FWIW Device Manager also says it’s 527.26).

What gives?

The best way to remove drivers is to use DDU
The program must be ran from Safe Mode fyi…seeing the mismatched info you mentioned i would 100% recommended using DDU and then once booted back to “normal” mode, install the driver you prefer.

3 Likes

Many, many thanks! I was not feeling good about where things stood. This is exactly what I need!

1 Like

There is no need to use DDU just do a custom installation and there you have the option to remove the previous driver before version.

1 Like

Nope, that is not the same level cleaning

@IslandSimPilot , not sure if you already ran the process. (Fine if ya did), just wanted to add , (you may have already noticed) but if your internet is connected while rebooting from safe mode back to normal, windows will download and install it’s own driver (which kinda negates the process imo) i simply unplug my ethernet while rebooting and installing the driver of choice to avoid that.

Hope everything is sorted and running good!

2 Likes

I haven’t, and once again, many thanks for your help with this!

1 Like