NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Oh, OK. I downloaded this last night and forgot about it. Found computer running this morning with update complete. I have not flown this update however, I did notice that menus etc appeared to be loading much quicker and the simulator shutting down sharply when I asked it too. Noticeably faster in that respect. Charles

1 Like

Same here. That’s definitely noticeable.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming. Charles

1 Like

@MTpiperpilot I fixed that by using NordVPN to spoof a UK IP address and then restarting the sim. After I did that, the update finished in like 3 minutes. Now, I have a gigabit connection so yours may not be as fast if you don’t, but it should still fix the looping problem. If you do happen to try that, please let me know how it goes!

2 Likes

We get Win 10 update today, (KB5003254) a very recent update to the simulator and a hot-fix driver. Once they are all together, I will run the simulator and check the result! If anything like a miracle happens, I will report back. :grin:

Info about patch: June 8, 2021-KB5003254 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows Server, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2, Windows Server, version 20H2 and Windows 10 Version 21H1 - Microsoft Support

1 Like

Thanx for the link. I sometimes think these Win10 patches break other things too as well as fixing or trying to fix problems that are not mentioned in the patch notes. There are so many variables, many of them external affecting FS performance and different software environments too for each individual PC, I have now given up trying to find the cause of my new FS 2020 stuttering phenomena etc. BRGDS, Charles

@mixMugz, is all that good for us simmers?

i dont know. Not tested. I have some huge problem with performance in the sim, and cant recomend anything for now =\

1 Like

Well, your performance problems are not your TBM mod. I did have some issues on the takeoff roll, but that’s it, and I have no reason to think it was your mod. But even if it was, if it was limited to the 10-12 seconds of an impact it had (which did not affect my ability to take off safely at Vr), I can live with it. I would prefer it didn’t happen, of course, but I can live with it. We all want perfection 100% of the time, but that’s not possible.

1 Like

Well, this is my feeling, too. I have no proof. I limit fps to 20 and still use NVidia 457.30. I wish everybody success with any new stuff you try!

I switched off HAGS. But I think you can not get general consensus. There are to many GPU cores around. My NVidia 1660 Super has HAGS support on the paper, but I assume that HAGS support is less powerful then the old approach.

Slight stutter with the 466.47 in vr otherwise smooth

1 Like

That’s interesting …

Success!

I have just installed hot-fix driver 466.55, Windows update 21H1, (which sounds more like a bird flu virus!) and MSFS 2020 service update 4. My stuttering has now gone :smiley: I flew the C152 from Macco Simulations EGCC with high graphics settings on 1080P, (GTX 1070) and achieved frame rates between 35-50 FPS. I made too many changes at once to be able to identify the fix to the stutters.

New SDK 13 not installed for this test.

BRGDS. Charles

3 Likes

I have helped someone else to have success with the hot-fix driver. Here is what they said after suffering way too many CTD’s. The link to the driver can be found in this thread above.

‘Hi again. This hot fix driver has been amazing. I have been flying for 4 hours without a single ctd. I’ve been doing all I can to induce one. Clicking every switch and knob in the cockpit, changing aircraft etc.
I also realised after installation that performance had improved greatly. I run a high end system(i9 10900, rtx 3090) but have never been able to go beyond medium and low settings. But I have now been able to crank up my settings to high and ultra and flown around New York smoothly. I think everyone should try the hotfix driver(465.55)
Big thanks for pointing me to it’.

Charles.

1 Like

YES confirm as well

1 Like

That’s fantastic! It’s not often a new driver has such a positive impact. It just goes to show that it’s still worth experimenting with drivers. Alas, I guess there will always be a system it does not work so well on. Charles.

I am getting “not compatible for this windows” warning when installing 466.55 for my 2070 MAXQ 🤷

I have no clue on the why … using win10 64b

1 Like

That’s odd. Did you follow the link I posted earlier in this thread to the hot-fix driver from Guru3D? I have included a link below with some driver FAQ’s which may help. Which version of Windows 10 do you have? Perhaps there is someone reading this thread who has had experience of this problem who can help you.

This used to be a common problem: One reason for this problem is that you might be trying to install a 32-bit driver on a 64-bit operating system, or a 64-bit driver on a 32-bit operating system. Obviously you are using a 64bit system and so this is not applicable to you.

If you fix it, pls let us know because it could help someone else. BRGDS. Charles

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4777/~/nvidia-dch%2Fstandard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq

You might find an answer in the driver notes under Win 10 installation considerations.