NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Yup agreed. I’ve got a 3080 running my G2 and its definitely smoother and less stuttery. I had the blue textures on the ground issue though and did get a CTD.

Here is the development driver 510. 10 (Win 11), just for your information. I personally would wait for the official release but you can follow from the link below…

https://min.news/en/tech/d58f5a700c608f595cc1c9c9f5d9aba1.html

Charles.

I’m a big fan of Afterburner but always get mine from the MSI website as I then know who to blame :grin:
Afterburner (msi.com)

2 Likes

I had much issues the last month with the sim. i use a RTX3080 - please look what hapend here. Please give me a hint about what i can do, i have been using serval hours to try to solve this

Enable V-Sync, looks like vertical synchronisation is off.

Also enable G-Sync in the control panel

Eklester, I agree.

I have my V-Sync set to ‘Fast’ in the Nvidia Control Panel and ‘Off’ within the simulator options, I find this is the best set-up for me. SneakyRiver334 could try that too.

Charles.

That same thing happened to me last night for the first time ever during a 75 minute flight. RTX 3070 8GB running 496.79. Very, very weird. I run VSync OFF in the sim, with a 1440p G-Sync 1440p monitor. G-Synch was active in the NCP and verified per my monitor’s OSD status info. At the time, I was getting 80+ fps (monitor is capable of up to 165 fps).

The effect started about 45 minutes into the flight and continued to the end. Afterwards, I exited to the menu, spawned another flight and the visual glitch remained.

I quit the sim, played a bunch of Halo Infinite at 100+ fps with no visual glitches, then restarted MSFS. The weird visuals were gone with the restart.

1 Like

i uninstalled old drivers, and i installed the latest one, with out exsperience. (link is borowed from above post :

i used the one The aviato3506 posted above here. And it works as charm now.

And Vsynk should be on

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5281

2 Likes

as well i done 2x 6 hr flights, they was perfectly done, no issues.

And now i do a Ultralonghaul from Svalbard down to South pole, the yellowplane is my :slight_smile:

I also try NIS. Because MSFS is a borderless window (not a seperate game screen), I have to set the desktop resolution to Nis upscaling first and then set MSFS display to the same (Lower) desktop resoltion. Upscaling from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 on my 2k monitor gives the same FPS as native 2560 resolution… :thinking:
I am on the public beta MSFS. Although NIS works (overlay is show at green), somehow MSFS is not programmed for NIS upscaling (maybe because of the renderscale slider in settings does the same?)

System 9700K 32GB 2080RTX nvidia driver 497.09

Adapter “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080”
Monitor 0
Windowed 0 <-Turn of windowed mode?
FullscreenBorderless 0 ← If in fullscreen window mode use border
Resolution 3840 2160
FullScreenResolution 3840 2160
PrimaryScaling 1.000000
SecondaryScaling 1.000000

See the above settings the way it was explained to me early on was
windowed 0 means dont use window mode by default,
the second entry means, If you are full screen window mode force a border.

Seems to work that way here.

I change the UserCfg with your values. Doesnt work for me. I still need to change the desktop first.
But this NIS mode still doent change the FPS in MSFS for me (and for some others i read). So we have to wait on ASOBE. Perhaps they give DLSS a try.

Try resetting back to defaults or closing nVidia Control Panel and see if the crashes stop. Eliminated my CTDs

CPU Limit then. Classic case, if FPS stay roughly the same with lower resolutions, you are in a CPU limit. No chance to get significant more FPS without lowering settings

1 Like

Thanks. Your absolutely right!
I am on CPU limit. (limited by mainthread). I checked it with dev mode FPS counter on screen and set the sim to lower CPU heavy and more GPU heavy. I set the buildings and terrain slider somewhat lower and also the precaching on medium. I also overcloced my CPU somewhat from 4600 to 4800Mhz. The fps counter gives now limited by GPU :wink: The frames go 10% up from 47/48 to 52/53. Upscaling from 2176 to 2560, thats 15%, but i think the NIS sharpness slider cost also some GPU power.

Hello, I couldn’t help but notice your view (and “eklester’s”) that “prefer maximum performance” in NCP is not suggested. I have to admit that till I ready your post, I had mine in this setting having followed other people’s guidance but now I tried all three options, namely “Prefer Maximum Performance”, “Optimal Power”, “Adaptive”.
I am getting the same performance in terms of FPS in all three as I lock it at 30 in NCP. However, GPU performance metrics differ as per attached table. My question has two parts:

a. Do these differences make sense ?

b. Assuming they do, which is better, to run lower utilization (90% in the example) with increased temperature and power (max perf or optimal seem to be very much alike) or to be at 100% most of the time but get lower temperature and power ?

Many thanks

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-testing-build-1-21-18-0-releasing-december-7-2021/479787?u=theaviator3506

Please note the new build is for those players participating in the Pre-Release Test. This is not being deployed to players on the live build.

3 Likes

I see vertical sync in the NCP but I don’t see G-sync. Am I missing something? Thanks

You are missing G-SYNC or a G-SYNC Compatible display.

1 Like