NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Here is the latest Nvidia driver release for Thursday 27th January 2022…

Gaming Technology
Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3050.

• Driver support only RTX 3050

Windows 10/11 Issues

• [Windows11][Far Cry 6]: Geometric corruption occurs in the benchmark and in gameplay. [3441540]
  • [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
  • [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. [200767905] If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284] If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.

will be exclusive drivers for 3090 cards?

I don’t think anyone other than Nvidia can answer your question.

BRGDS

Charles.

The 3050 is one of their latest cards so it’s probably no more than a small adjustment to iron out a glitch however the 3090’s been around a while already.

1 Like

ALL GPU’s

Gaming Technology

• Includes support for GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti notebooks

Software versions

• HD Audio Driver - 1.3.39.3
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.21.0713
  • GeForce Experience - 3.24.0.126
  • CUDA - 11.6
  • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.962.0

Fixed Issues in 511.65

• [Windows11][Far Cry 6]: Geometric corruption occurs in the benchmark and in gameplay. [3441540]
  • Multiple apps report stutter (or light to poor hitching) due to allocation creation. [3426466]
  • [Notebook]: With Advanced Optimus configured in dGPU mode, notebook will display a black screen. [3502766]
  • Some 3440x1440 monitors may display a black screen when selecting a DLDSR resolution. [3502478]
  • [DirectX 12]: GeForce Experience Freestyle filters may cause game to flicker. [3496529]
  • [Forza Horizon]: The game freezes when applying livery or vinyl to certain cars when ray tracing is enabled [3506220/350634

Open Issues in 511.65

• [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
  • [Call of Duty: Vanguard]: The game may display random corruption. [3503111]
  • Battlefield 2042]: The game may display color flashes on the screen. [3503086]
  • DVI monitor EDID may not be detected correctly on certain monitors. [3502752

Driver installed OK on Windows 11. I used DDU. I used the ‘full-fat’ driver without GFE but did not edit out any unwanted bloatware.

UPDATE: Runs well with no issues on my system which uses a GTX 1070. Nothing much to report!

There is no mention about a fix for the HAGS issue with regard to the previous driver.

If you have problems with the driver report them to Nvidia via this link…

Charles.

2 Likes

The latest driver 511.65 gives me worse experience, more stutter when panning view with mouse and often freeze when taking screenshots. Probably will go back to 511.23.

Oh, that’s interesting. 511.65 is the first NV driver installed on my new Windows 11 installation. I appear to have gained some extra FPS only by installing Win 11. The previous driver version carried over with the Windows upgrade so with today’s driver I used DDU to uninstall the previous driver. It might be worth you installing 511.65 again, sometimes there are occasions when a second or even a third attempt work for me. So far I am happy with today’s driver release.

My graphics look great at 1080P and the gameplay is very smooth at near ultra settings.

Thanks for your feedback.

Charles.

1 Like

at 23 had black screen stack, don’t know cause, i was in flight, any way is force me to install 65, everything ok so far

1 Like

Perhaps you are on a driver diet? The ‘weight watchers’ slimmed down Nvidia driver 511.65 is available for download now from the Guru3D forum…

The extra ‘bloatware’ that Nvidia adds to it’s driver releases has been removed for you along with the G-Force Experience. If you like GFE then this driver is not recommended for you however, GFE can be downloaded as a separate download later if you wish.

Make your own slimmed Nvidia driver by following some very easy and quick steps on Captlucky8’s post. Instructions here…

GENERAL 511.65 discussion…

G-SYNC problems? If so please use driver feedback form above.

Charles.

3 Likes

This driver works wonders with the sim running in DX12 on my rig. Good FPS and very smooth. I was a little taken aback by how well DX12 in the sim now works.

Can you be more specific? What’s working well? Are you Windows 10 or 11?

First time I’ve know the studio and the game ready driver to both be on the same version - both are 511.65. Perhaps this signifies an increased level of confidence in this driver from Nvidia?

1 Like

Of course. Win 11, RTX3080, i9 10900@5GHz. My frame rates are now comparable to those I was getting with DX11 but they are a great deal smoother. Before now I tried DX12 and it wasn’t so great (dx11 had far better FPS) but I thought I would try again with these new drivers and, yeah, pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I’m also Windows 11 with a similar system to your self (3080, 11900k). I didn’t bother with DX12 as heard bad things but I’m intrigued to try it out this time.

1 Like

WIn 11, i9 10940, 3090, new studio driver: DX12 is not quite there yet, but it’s definitely playable now and a hell of a lot closer to DX11 than it has been in the past.

I think we are approaching the tipping point.

2 Likes

Do you think the studio version is still better than Game Ready driver for FS2020?

Forgot to ask, Game Ready or Studio driver?

I’ve not compared, but with this driver I’m not too sure if there will be much difference between the two.

1 Like

Just tried latest driver.

Dx12 fine in 2d. Stutters a bit in vr

Dx11 works so much better in vr.

But I did get a 17mb update starting msfs.

So not sure if it’s driver, update or both, but I have better performance even without the openxr tool…

Still get the odd little ones, but not as bad.

Just need to fly for half hour and try to land to see if landing stutters are fixed.

4 Likes