NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Patch at Guru3D available for them

3 Likes

I dont have Gsync but will install this anyway (but this time I’ll ddu first)

2 Likes

5 pages of discussion on the 511.72 already

‘‘1. Dwm.exe spam is off only if you turn G-Sync OFF in monitor menu , not in NVCP! If you turn G-Sync off in monitor menu, then reopen NVCP there will be no G-Sync settings section in “Display” part at all. Only in that case you get no dwm.exe spam.
2. If you don’t touch monitor menu (G-Sync ON there), BUT turn G-Sync OFF in NVCP, there will be still dwm.exe spam despite G-Sync will be OFF (in the monitor menu it will be ON).
According to this if you see “G-Sync settings” in the left side of NVCP window you will get dwm.exe spam (on or off doesn’t matter). No “G-Sync settings” in the NVCP - no spam.’’

3 Likes

Forgot I hadn’t reinstalled 7zip so didn’t ddu, just did a clean install instead 
 Anyway it seems to have worked.

Just click open the folder and drag the contents out.

1 Like

Funny enough, since I installed Windows 11, it always prevents me to run DDU in safemode due to security problems. Hence I always use “clean” install by GeForce Experience to update the latest drivers even though I know it is not “clean” enough.

i don’t have g-sync too, this is about g-sync compatible mod for free sync monitors as i get it, if you disable it in this version of driver in the game profile at some system/monitors you can not get it back
 if your monitor have free sync you can use g-sync features

I have just a regular 42" HDTV @ 60Hz and it seems a clean install of the .65 driver has fixed my problems, who cares if I had to redo my NVCP settings!

1 Like

in my case i restart without problems in safe mod, but i have custom security settings, disabled antivirus and uac

2 Likes

I am now using the ‘slimmed down’ version of the hot-fix driver. I have a Freesync monitor and use G-sync with it. It appears to work and I only have the occasional stutter. This time round, the graphics look much better. I used DDU to uninstall the old driver. My antialiasing looks much better too. I tried the ‘Discovery Flight’ around Perth and then went to load a new flight and suddenly had warnings that my bandwidth was low and then CTD! I think the CTD was because I over clocked my GPU slightly.

Anyhow, nice clean easy install using DDU.

Charles.

2 Likes

I’ve had to undo mine too but to be honest my fps is about the same as before so I guess extra performance from the SU7 hotfix was enough to trip it.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I don’t think I gained any extra FPS with the hot-fix. I had a great deal of shimmering buildings in the distance with the previous driver. For some unknown reason, (even with the same driver and game) settings) I did not notice any flickering of buildings when flying around Perth in the distance. Sometimes I find a reinstall of a Nvidia driver can work wonders. I am happy I used the ‘slimmed’ driver and bothered to make the effort to try this latest Nvidia driver offering.

This is the official Nvidia 511.72 download page

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5320

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/484306/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-51172-released-24/

BRGDS

Charles.

1 Like

I corrected my post 
 The SU7 beta hotfix gave me 3 or 4 extra fps but I had to give it back

1 Like

Installed 511.72 from 497.29 and now my GPU clock will not go above 210 MHz. Tried reverting and it is doing the same thing. 3090 FTW. Any suggestions. I used the Nvidia clean install as that is what I have been doing in the past without issue.

Turned on prefer Max performance in the Nvidia control panel and rebooted so now I am at 1875, but with a temp of 68, it should be boosting higher. Before the driver update and then roll back I was averaging 1900-1935 MHz. Any other settings I should check?

Update: Seems to have stabilized, still lower clocks than I would think, but steady 65 fps. Just a glitch maybe with Nvidia control panel? Will change it back to normal from Max performance and see what happens.

Hello Sixwarden9,

If the problem persists you could try reinstalling the driver again, (this sometimes works for me with other problems). I use DDU to uninstall my old driver if I think I have problems that might justify the use of DDU.

Hopefully it’s just a glitch for you.

I have this problem

I have pink flashing textures, not sure if this is a problem with the 511.72 hot-fix driver or the default Perth scenery? The antialiasing looks terrific though on my 1080P monitor and GTX 1070.

Charles,

1 Like

I have the same pink textures in Perth, probably just the scenery :stadium:

1 Like

Jeerouss,

Thank you for that information. I often do not use the sim for more than thirty minutes at a time and probably miss quite a lot of these scenery errors because I don’t do much exploring at the moment.

Cheers!

Charles.

The shimmering buildings bug depends on weather/lighting conditions and the type of building (and also standard aliasing stuff like resolution, sharpness etc) - I’ve yet to see it positively or negatively by a driver alone, happy to be proven wrong though

RubeffedBee,

You are right, I noticed the shimmering was to do with lighting condition when I used the simulator. It’s not an antialiasing problem and realise now it’s noting to do with the display driver. I will have to put up with it. I will search to see if there is a way of mitigating the problem.

Charles.

Here is the thread about the building shimmering bug, please do vote+contribute if it affects you as well.

Regarding my earlier comment I should clarify I only have experience in VR, but from reading other posts it sounds similar in 2d.

1 Like