NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Hi RebuffedBee,

I will vote and report it now. Thank you for the information and link.

Cheers!

Charles.

1 Like

Pink textures are nothing new, theyā€™ve been around for a while now, but on third party scenery only. But Asobo cocking up their texture coding is new.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised as well but not worried at all :wink: Game is fantastic !! The bumpy ride is getting smoother and smoother every day for me. Addicted to MSFS.

1 Like

Need help with VR settings for HP G2sā€¦

Iā€™ve been away from the sim and the forum for some time now as my health kinda took a turn for the worse, but Iā€™m trying to get back into it and having some issues. This may have been covered already, and if so please accept my apologies, but I figured asking again was much easier than trying to go through hundreds of postsā€¦

Iā€™m not having CTDs, Iā€™m not having stutters, and everything is smooth, and Iā€™ve got my same in-game settings as I have for awhile, but everything is SO VERY BLURRY that it looks like someone smeared Vaseline on my lenses.

Is there a fix, or at least some help, buried deep within the Nvidia Control Panel settings that Iā€™m just not using right? Other suggestions?

2 Likes

Hi Kevy,

Nice to hear you are back and I hope you are better. I have been ill and away from work since last May!

YouTube: PIE IN THE SKY TOURS

I am not an expert on VR, (I donā€™t have it) but this virtual pilot, (link below) has lots of tips about using VR with Nvidia drivers. You will have to pick the right video to find his advise on driver settingsā€¦

BRGDS

Charles.

2 Likes

It may well be nothing to do with it as I donā€™t use VR, but the bloom effect is significantly more pronounced after the update than it was before and adds that blurring effect.

If you have it on it may be worth trying it off.

Hope thatā€™s of some use!

3 Likes

Blurry can mean that the resolution of your device does not match the resolution in the MSFS graphics settings.

1 Like

My simulator is CTD with the ā€˜Breakpoint Errorā€™. The easiest way out of this is not to have so many add-ons!

I do not suspect itā€™s anything to to with display drivers at all.

Charles.

Iā€™m having amazing clarity with these specs and settings, hope thereā€™s something here that can help you.

3080Ti Overclocked +800, +110
i7 7700K, Overclocked at 4,9Ghz Stable.
32 Ram
Reverb G2
HAGS On
Game mode Off
Nvidia 511.66
Anisotropic Filtering 16x in Nvidia settings, off in sim.

Open XR 250%
Motion Off

FSR 65 (3250x3180) If I need extra frames I play with FSR between 55 and 65, the clarity is still amazing for me.
Sharp 100
World Scale 94 -96 depending on the plane.

Sharpness in config file Off.
This made a huge difference.

30 - 36 fps in flight, 26 - 30 fps on the ground.
Clouds Ultra, LOD 300, Resolution 100, the rest Ultra except, Trees High, Grass and Bushes Mid, Ambient Occlusion High and Contact Shadows High.

2 Likes

N.B. If you set FS2020 to high performance in the System > Display > Graphics settings, you can enable HAGS without CTDā€™s with these drivers.

1 Like

Makes sense.

Not only my 3090 is OC to stable 2.115MHz, I also have the Nvidia Profile for the Sim at ā€œmax performanceā€, so ā€œHAGS onā€ is just overkill and causes CTDs.

But anyway I am very happy with the results I get with ā€œHAGS offā€. So itā€™s okayā€¦

Release 510 Driver for Windows, Version

Looks like we have blue squares on the ground again.
Someone elseā€¦?
The NVIDIA template is at 50%ā€¦?
Are you already on vacation shiftsā€¦?

RELEASE NOTESā€¦

Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)

• [Call of Duty: Vanguard][Assassins Creed Valhalla]: The games may display random corruption or white/black screen. [3503111/3525655]
  • [Battlefield 2042]: The game may display color flashes on the screen. [3503086]
  • [Corel Paint Shop Pro XI]: The application cannot be launched. [3510891]
  • [G-SYNC]: After disabling G-SYNC on G-SYNC Compatible monitor and TV, G-SYNC cannot be re-enabled through the NVIDIA Control Panel. [3523157]
  • Digital Vibrance is reset when monitor goes to sleep. [3519430]

Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [Grid Legends][GeForce RTX 3-series]: Background artifacts flicker. [3524560]
  • [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audiomay drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][Ampere] Putting notebook to sleep by closing the lid and then waking up the notebook may cause Windows to reboot when in dGPU mode. [3444252]
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to ā€œdGPUā€, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
  • The native resolution for a DVI or HDMI display may not be available from the display settings if the display contains an invalid EDID. [3502752]
1 Like

Been flying around the lake district area in UK for the last hour or so with the 511.79 drivers, not seen any blue/purple texture patches yet, seems to be performing quite smoothly so far :+1: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If everything seems fine.
I was scared on the first test flight I saw themā€¦
It would be some pools of some chalets :frowning:

New drivers out earlier today. Iā€™m currently on 511.23 and havenā€™t had any complaints with MSFS SU8 beta with stability or performance, but Iā€™m curious to see what the reports are with this new driver.

Why would you use the max performance setting?
All it does is holding max clock speed permanently even, when it is not required.

Try some benchmarking in normal and max performance mode, youā€™ll not see any difference. Save yourself electricity bills :wink:

1 Like

Yep agree with you there. I have it set to the optimal setting rather than max performance and I get exactly the same performance but with lower temperatures (over 25C less) and power usage.

Just burning electricity and heating up your system for no gain by using the max performance setting.

Workin like a top here.

2 Likes

I did a lot of testing amd in VR I got best performance with ultra settings without any stutters only on maximum performance and OC on the 3090.

For 2D you might he right, but in 3D it is still GPU limitedā€¦

2 Likes