NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

New Drivers 511.79 are working great for Vr and Dx11 atm.

1 Like

New drivers working fine for me, no CTD problems with hags on, have always used pc with hags on as I find it gives smoother performance on my system.

No noticeable difference from previous drivers though.

Can’t comment on VR though as I don’t have it.

1 Like

Here is some good news about the new driver 511.79 performance in VR.

1 Like

Since the H135 is an addon-aircraft, the stutters might be explained by that. I noticed that (on rare occasion) when staying super close to the ground with this helicopter just after liftoff, sometimes (regardless of driver) insane stuttering ensues, that is fixed when relaunching the sim.
Reply edit: No stutters for me on the H135 with 511.79

On topic edit: so far no immediate/ severe issues for me with 511.79 and HAGS enabled (coming from 497.29 because of severe CTD’s on the 511.xx releases before .79)

I have always, previously had a stutter free experience with this helicopter.

BRGDS

Charles.

I have the same fps with 511.79, but temperatures are 10-12 degrees higher, i’m going back to 511.23

1 Like

DreiradAxt,

I fixed my stuttering issue, I made a change to my NVCPL settings and changed a setting in MSI Centre. All is good now.

Charles.

1 Like

what have you changed in control panel nvidia?

Hi SteamierRook,

I changed the power option to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’ from ‘Optimal Power’. I know that this setting is not recommended, some say ‘yay’ and some say ‘nay’. I set MSI Centre from silent mode to ‘Extreme Performance’ for the CPU. I am not convinced that either of these changes made the difference however, something changed for the good though. Oh, and I changed HAGS back to OFF.

I am using an MSI GTX 1070 OC GPU and a Ryzen 5600X.

I have installed extensive free-ware photo scenery for Hawaii and this is causing a CTD when I try and fly in that area with the H125. I had a buttery smooth flight around Dublin in the H125 in todays storm Eunice! No hint of a stutter at near ULTRA settings.

I use Windsailor from www.flightsim.to to up-date my addons. In retrospect I don’t think this is a good idea because it un-zips new downloads over the top of old downloads. I am a bit lazy, some old folders need to be removed before introducing a new updated folder. I think this can potentially cause problems with CTD and stutters. You could end up with a situation having some old files amongst new files by being lazy this way. That’s a tip for some of you :-).

BRGDS

Charles.

If you monitor your fan speeds, power draw and CPU clocking, you will see that Silent mode allows the CPU to cycle down quite low (I’ve seen as low as 800 MHz at idle with minimal load) and the fan curve is extremely low - the whole point of “Silent Mode” is to keep the system as quiet as possible. MSFS puts a lot of load on the computer and if the MSI software is trying to down-clock the system and keep fan speeds low, you will have performance issues.

By contrast, on my system, “Extreme Performance” causes to fans to run full or nearly full on both the water cooler, case fans and GPU, and the CPU clocks up to 5GHz.

So your results are really not surprising.

(My own system: MSI Z590 WiFI motherboard, i7-11700KF, 32GB DDR-3600, RTX 3070).

1 Like

New release of DDU…

DDU

DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.

• You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
  • DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling/installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
  • DDU will not work on network drive. Please install in a local drive (C:, D: or else).
  • The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
  • If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
  • Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
  • It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
1 Like

Is there an issue with the 511.79 drivers. The best I can get is 10 fps at any airport. I set my FPS in the video card at 32 FPS, same as on the sim. Turned everything down from ultra to high, still only 10 FPS.

Base

Alienware Aurora R11

Processor

10th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, English

Video Card

Liquid Cooled NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 Super™ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Memory

32GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz; up to 64GB

Hard Drive

1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Chassis Options

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Keyboard

Add an Alienware Gaming Keyboard to your setup in Accessories below or no keyboard

Mouse

Add an Alienware Gaming Mouse to your setup in Accessories below or no mouse

Wireless

Dell Wireless DW1810 (1x1) 802.11ac with Wi-Fi, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0

No 511.79 problem here with GTX1080ti/11Gb, i7 7700k/4.9GHz, 32 Gb/3200: +/- 30 FPS (locked in NVCP), GPU temp +/-65c, very smooth in VR with some high and ultra settings in game and OXRToolKit. Only thing I’ve found is that GPU-Z keeps crashing with that driver.

2 Likes

I have no problem as well with 511.79.

2 Likes

Are those settings in VR, or just on PC screen?
Cause VR with a 2080, I had a 2080 Ti, prior to new computer with 19 12 gen, 3080 TI, 32 Gig DDR 5 4800. Neither computer can do high and ultra on everything in VR. they can both do it on flat panel, but not on the HP G2, without slowing it down from being super smooth…

1 Like

Hey, just a question. I’m not that computer savvy so how do you get rid of the 511.79 drivers and go back to the ones you had before as I am having major issues with the new drivers.

Thanks.

If you do want to go that route, use the DDU (Display Driver Uninstall) linked a few posts up.
Ensure you follow the directions, or it won’t work properly.

You may want to look at this vid, if you haven’t seen it.
It may give you some tips on solving the problem without uninstalling.

1 Like

Just go here and download a version you want to use (just select your relevant card version and operating system from the options.

Uninstall your current version in the same way you uninstall any other program.
Reboot PC and run the version you downloaded from the link I sent

Watched the video and did as you suggested with the DDU program. Everything back to normal with less stutters. Thanks very much for your help and quick response.

Robert

4 Likes

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your help on this.