NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Yes, that will Uninstall it, but still leave some of it’s components in your system.

That’s why it is recommended to use the DUU utility.

If it was not needed, and a simple Windows Uninstall was sufficient, NVIDIA would not have gone to the trouble of making a custom Uninstall tool !

2 Likes

You realize of course that DDU is not from Nvidia?

I have used the Nvidia driver installer to simply do a clean install from within the driver package and have never experienced a problem with remnants of prior driver installations. You don’t really need to sterilize your rig with every driver update.

4 Likes

Are there close to fifteen hundred posts on every driver topic? I find that amazing considering I can never detect any meaningful difference in image quality or performance with any driver version in this sim.

2 Likes

As someone has already mentioned DDU is not an Nvidia product and can cause problems with your system on occasions.
I would always try a standard Windows uninstall first, then a reboot and and reinstall of your preferred driver.

If that doesn’t solve your issues then it might be time to try DDU after taking heed of the warnings.

I have used it a few times on my system with no problems but I do know a few people who have been left with unbootable systems after using it and they didn’t have any decent backup precautions in place.

1 Like

Actually, I recommend a far better/thorough program then the basic Windows Un-Installer.

The Windows program leaves way too many left over files after un-installing which causes PC issues down the line.

This program will allow you to delete any left over registry files that the vanilla program just can’t do.

This, along with DDU keeps my PC tidy although, I don’t use DDU on EVERY single time I change a driver… Even the DDU instructions tell you not to do that.

Fixed the issue, however, when I restarted the computer and game, it went back to the 10 fps. Starting to get frustrated here.,

I posted a vid, a few up from this post, yesterday.
It may give you some tips on that.

Yeah, i tried the video and changed my drivers. It worked, however, the next time I booted up my computer, it went back down to the 10 fps, like before, for no apparent reason.

I cleaned out my community folder so it is not that and put all of the setting to low, still only getting 10 plus fps

Thanks for the advice.

As far as experiencing PC issues, like unable to boot, or run MSFS, issue when using MSFS, my best advise to anyone playing with MSFS in particular, is to make regular backups – Especially if you are developing anything of your own. large mechanical TB hard drives are very inexpensive now, – especially compared with the time it may tale to sort out a non-boot issue, or loosing hours/weeks of user created content.

An automated, full image backup, running overnight while you sleep, makes for a good night sleep, and an easy next day, if you find your PC has developed some strange issue, that it did not have before !!! (or you do something stupid, and mess it up – which we all do, either sooner or later !! )

1 Like

Also, if i fly in the activities section or flight training, the FPS’s are fine, its just when I go into the global world to file a flight plan where the FPS’s drop.

Interesting observation – wonder if that is a general thing, applying to others ?

Seems like it’s been forever since a driver update :grinning:. I’m hoping the next one will work better for me. Although a lot of you guys have been having success with 511.79, it was causing CTDs on my system. I had to go way back to 466.77 because anything inbetween that and 511.79 was giving me random checkered glitches and pixelated anomalies at the top of my screen.

I can’t imagine Nvidia paying anyone to improve the drivers for this game (or any other non-new game for that matter). I believe any performance gains or losses anyone sees from a Nvidia driver update is either placebo or coincidental.

Next time you update, if you still have the same issue, try disabling hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows graphics settings, if you haven’t already.

That’s really a wide range of driver versions giving you that issue. I don’t want to say your graphics card is defective.

Those pixelated glitches were happenning to me during 1 out of every 10 flights or so between 466.77 and 511.79. The 511.79 driver was the only driver since 466.77 where the problem stopped. Unfortunately 511.79 was causing random CTDs on my system regardless of whether or not HAGS was enabled.

Hi All, there is a new driver out - 512.15. Anyone tried it ?

I may try it eventually but I won’t expect it to affect MSFS in any way.

1 Like

I have no issues so far

Hello everyone.
Apparently everything seems to be fine.
With which for me it is already an achievement that nothing is broken.
Happy flights!!

GFixed Issues in this Release:

• [Advanced Optimus]: Brightness levels do not change properly when display set to NVIDIA GPU only mode with HDR set to off. [3497181]
  • Increased registry reads by DWM.exe when GPU is connected to G-SYNC/G-SYNC Compatible display [3535493]
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][Ampere] Putting notebook to sleep by closing the lid and then waking up the notebook may cause Windows to reboot when in dGPU mode. [3444252]
  • The native resolution for a DVI or HDMI display may not be available from the display settings if the display contains an invalid EDID. [3502752]
  • [Adobe Substance Sampler/Stager]: Fixed Optimus profile to run on dGPU by default. [3557257]
  • [Enscape]: Shadow rendering is incorrect. [3530584]
  • [Solidworks Visualize Boost]: When the application process is running in the background, the GPU memory clock may operate at lower clock speeds. [3417407]
  • [Adobe Premiere Pro]: Adobe Media Encoder could crash due to out of memory error when encoding multiple R3D 8k files. [3532477]
  • [Foundry Nuke]: CUDA and OpenCL kernel return incorrect result. [3497442]

Open Issues:

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
  • Club 3D CAC-1085 dongle limited to maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz. [3542678]
  • [RTX 3050] Driver may randomly timeout and recover while using Google Chrome [3567457]
3 Likes

Here is the cleaned up, ‘weight watchers’ version of the 512.15 driver from Nvidia. Bloatware removed…

2 Likes