NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

select “custom install” and then tick “perform a clean installation”

3 Likes

Michael,

That’s great news. Thanx for the update.

Charles.

1 Like

Sound- and then later video stutters. They went even more worse and then CTD.

The first time after 30 minutes and the second time after 5 minutes.
Going back to 511.79

1 Like

You are certainly welcome. :+1:

FYI Windows11 Dev channel just pushed 521.20

1 Like
  • Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti.

Known Issues

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
  • Club 3D CAC-1085 dongle limited to maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz. [3542678]

Package Contents

• HD Audio Driver – 1.3.39.3
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.21.0713
  • GeForce Experience – 3.25.0.84
  • CUDA – 11.6
  • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.962.0

Product Compatibility

• GeForce RTX 3090 Ti

Got a 3090 Ti and did the driver clean install. The sim will only run for like 2 mins until a CTD.
12900k with 32G 6000 ram asus rog maximus mother board and a 1000W power supply. It ran flawlessly with my 3080 and when i swap that back in i have no issues so something about the 3090Ti is does not like. Any suggestions?

Not sure if you are the same, but try either XMP Profile off or CPU Overclock off in mainboard to see if it is the issue. Not run both at the same time. I have ever had the same problem when I first run 3090 (non-ti) with both modes. Then I decided to keep XMP instead of CPU overclock and it runs stable until now (accept the max CPU 4.7 GHz by gaming).

what a overkill :joy:

Well, as usually: try to set max fps in nvidia controll center to 30 and check whats happen.

These 3090Ti is a power-usage-monster and may be, together with these other power-usage-monster 12900k, you run into issues.

May also your pc case airflow is not sufficent for a 3090Ti , just check temps.

My brain is telling me the 3090Ti is only a tiny upgrade over my 3090, just a few hundred cores, and not worth the close to £2000 to get it. But by heart says “Shut up brain!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and don’t forget the 100W TDP more than a 3090 , which is may be 200W more than a 3080…

I have a 1.6KW PSU. :slight_smile:

but not @Piperhawk :joy:

And… have you informed you local energy dealer ? Not that the neighbors’ lights go out when you fly. :joy:

1 Like

Brain would also like to point out that RTX 4000 is probably about six months away.

Yes, I believe so. I think this will be another generation I will skip. I’m more interested in a CPU upgrade at this point.

1 Like

Two points…you can get mired down, waiting for the next generation. A new version of everything in this world, is 6 to 12 months away from release. At some point, you have to buy.

Lastly, it’s nigh impossible to grab a RTX30xx series card, anywhere near MSRP. I would not expect the RTX40xx cards to suddenly appear in mass quantities, and flood the market. The RTX40xx cards will just be another unicorn card, that will be selling for a premium over MSRP, and difficult to buy.

2 Likes

I bought a ‘unicorn’ 3080 FE for £650 in October 2020.

For sure it can be done, but not often. I bought my 3080Ti at MSRP last year. The only reason was because I had a Best Buy near me who received a shipment, and I was willing to wait in line 4 hours to buy it.

Substantial GPU upgrades only come every two years. I bought my 3090 towards the end of 2020 and there still isn’t anything worth upgrading to over it. The best time to upgrade is at the beginning of every two year GPU cycle, upgrading to a 3090Ti now would be a colossal waste of money the same as upgrading to a 11900k CPU would have been with the 12th gen following so quickly.

There are always optimum times to buy and bad times to buy. Right now would be a bad time to buy a GPU.

1 Like

I had problems with a 3090 CTD when I bought one a couple years back.

The two fixes for me were as follows;

1. Check you have enough cables going to the GPU. My 3090 prebuilt came with a single cable and a splitter to attach to the other 8pin adaptor. Connecting two individual cables from the PSU to the GPU fixed the CTD’s.
  2. I occasionally had a weird problem where my house electrics would trip if I ran my oven and computer at the same time. I fixed that by taking my computer power supply plug out of the extension cable it was in and plugging straight into the wall.

I’ve not had any CTD’s problems since.