NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

I checked the settings in GeForce Experience. 1) it is very slow on my computer 2) it shows MSFS but when I click it indicates “Game can’t be optimized!” and shows all the settings that are also within MSFS. I’ve spent quite a bit of time tweaking various settings and have been getting good results. It seems GeForce Experience isn’t really doing anything in my situation, other than letting me know when an update is available. So it will probably be removed. I don’t have any other games on the computer. Just turned on the “Experimental” features (didn’t realize what was available there) and read that, for my “below minimums” graphics card, I can’t use Freestyle, which sounded interesting when I read about above. I’m running 512.59 but have experienced only a few instances of the problems others have reported.

I forgot about that. I do use one other feature of GFE, to reduce saturation so that trees, and grass don’t look like Astroturf. -5 to -10% is about right for me.

Un-processed

Colour/Vibrance @-12

5 Likes

Hi Guys,
thank you for the links and Hints (especially MrCombatAce Youtubelinks).
I did it all ! ! ! and was very impressed by the performace increase.
BUTTTT starting at ZSQD homewards (EDDF) at flightslevel 280 the sim just dissapeared without any warning nothing. Now I am frustrated and what TV maybe I 'll have a better day tomorrow.grrrr.

1 Like

I was having fairly random CTD’s after installing SU9.

What worked for me (so far — knock on wood!) was to uninstall Nvidia 521.59 using DDU in Windows Safe Mode, then loading back into windows 11 & re-installing the “stripped down” version of 521.59

I’ve run MSFS 5-6 times since and haven’t had a CTD yet.

PS. when using DDU, make sure to tick the option that prevents windows from installing device drivers from Windows Update. Otherwise, as soon as you boot back into the OS, Windows will install it’s default (much older) GPU drivers. Alternately, you can temporarily disconnect your Network cable.

2 Likes

I only use windows cleanup and uninstall, for any other issues I use Windows Repair tool which access’s registry according to windows.

You recommend this?

Just out of interest - do you have a link to it please? Doing a search comes up with dozens of similar looking ones!

I don’t need it now but could be useful one day. Thanks.

I only use it as a last resort if I can’t fix other issues. The registry takes up very little space but is important. It is in windows recovery search I will find a link I can send.

1 Like

I have problems with lights, artifacts on the track, artifacts in the smoke of the a3nx etc, I have the latest nvidia drivers installed, I thought they had solved the issue of artifacts in lights but I see that they have not! anyone else have the same problem? I have the latest drivers updated today (I don’t remember the numbering)

Should I go back to the 466.77 drivers? those are the only ones that didn’t give problems with artifacts!

Only thing I’ve noticed recently is some purple ground textures around KRNT during a quick evening hop over to Seattle. Otherwise 512.59 have been alright.

That’s not the driver causing that.

it has to be the driver, with 466.77 this does not happen

I was referring to missing textures. Graphics drivers don’t cause games to fail to load textures.

Ups sorry friend

1 Like

may be you can add in your own topic ( we dont like duplicates :slight_smile: ) a screenshot about these artifacts ?

And my opinion: dont go back to these ages old driver :slight_smile:

I’m away from home and I can’t post photos, what are the recommended drivers that are more or less new? Can you tell me some that are well tested and that do not have a light fixture and artefacts? after 466.77 most drivers appeared that had the same problem and I don’t remember a recent one that didn’t

I only play flight simulator on my computer so I don’t care if I don’t have support for other games

Thank you!!

for me the latest one. But we have this topic here in which user can report back issues after installing the latest version and so we share knowledge. I not remember similar reports like yours about the latest driver.
I’am intresst at screenshots, because artifacts can have different reasons than the driver. Hardware is also possible ( if artifacts come from graphics card ) or also cable/monitor if you see that only at screen. Of coures there is also chance that a mod cause issues. You can extend your topic with infos about your GPU and monitor model too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can assure you that I will not have problems with the equipment. In any case, I will leave you my data on the equipment rtx 3080 TI, i9 11900k, 128gb ram 3200 mhz, sometimes lines (artifacts) appear on the landing strips, in the a3nx for example sometimes creates some artifacts in the exhaust of the turbines, as if they were a wake but very exaggerated, (I use the latest stable version) 8.0 of flybyware

that’s what I’ve noticed with the latest nvidia drivers

This did not happen to me with the 466.77 I have tried many more recent drivers than this, but I always had problems and also artifacts in lights like pixelated, that’s why I decided to go back to 466.77 and I had not updated for two months until the other day when I put the new drivers

2 Likes

hmmm… may be you mean black lines like these : https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/black-lines-on-runway-will-crash-airplane/312527 But so far I know, this would be not driver related.

But… if 466 works well for you… let it as it is… But not sure in which version these security issue was fixed.

The latest driver 512.77 today is catastrophe for me. After installed, my main 4K monitor flickered like my graphic card gets broken.

1 Like

Did you check to see if it had somehow set itself to 30 hz in the control panel, have to check win display as well. That might be all it is.