NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Your own case may be specific to your setup or add ons. I upgrade my drivers through GE Force Experience, clear the direct X shader cache, and clear my rolling cache in sim after a NVidia driver update. I had a few CTD’s initially with SU9 and the previous NVidia drivers 512.59 (but they settled down after a while), but nothing so far 4 flights in now. I’m not using VR though, just 2D.

CTD’s can be caused by many, many things… SIM or non-SIM related…

I can say that with Nvidia ver. 512.77 & MSFS WU9 installed, my SIM experience has been solid and with good performance - even in some very stormy weather conditions w/ detailed add-on scenery.

2 Likes

I will try without add on

i have same specs, but 32gb ram on same laptop. What settings do you use and which VR headset? thanks

1 Like

This new driver coupled with a ASUS 3090 has increased my FPS to over 60 with settings at HIGH, HAGS OFF.

System: ASUS Z590-PLUS Mb.
Intel i7 11700K
32Gb DDR4 @ 3733
MSFS on M2. 500Gb SSD.

You might give them a shot even with a video card not quite a 3090 which I have only because I made a huge mistake in buying a ASUS pre-built then built my own

Jack

1 Like

A moderator has merged this post and the preceding post from another topic

There’s already a topic about Nvidia driver:

1 Like

Did it stay consistent? because a driver isn’t going to boost your fps like unless its optimized specifically for that game otherwise my performance is different everyday :wink:

Hey everybody,

consistent? What such a beautiful word. Honestly: my FPS are like a pregnant woman :joy:
After every Windows reboot I get a surprise. In different variations. I had this high performance only after installing the newest Nvidia drivers. The days after decrease. But: I have an general increase. Experimenting a lot, trying different Windows, driver and application settings. I’m still in progress to find a “perfect” final for me .

Oh my God ! One more…
New Nvidia driver today

6 Likes

Working well so far on my Windows 11 system with Ryzen 3700X, 2070 super GPU. No performance changes noticeable but seems to be smoother when panning in cockpit.

1 Like

512.95 is working here…

2 Likes

Any release notes? New drivers just within 2 weeks.

Could some of you please check if PMDG 737 PFD still has flicker with the latest 512.95?

PMDG has already stated they and Asobo have ID’d the cause and it’s due to a sim bug which will be fixed in SU10. It’s not a driver issue.

3 Likes

You ought to be on ultra with a rig like that. Maybe keep your LODs in check but everything else can be run higher.

Installed 512.95 last night, did a 2.5 hr flight this morning (737) and have been using the Top Gun DLC tonight and no issues observed with this latest latest driver.

4 Likes

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v512.95)

1 Like

That Geforce Exp. take me 15 fps, but I need it for the filters :frowning:

i don’t sure, but may be after update to this version, simulator become rock stable, so if someone have ctd fest in msfs… it can help(i was at 512.12)

Gef. Exp. it should have zero impact on fps.

Whats your setting in Gef.Exp ? Have you enabled some special features, auto-optimze, … ? background recording ? Other things ? Or did you mean if you enable the special filters it costs 15fps ?

forgot again to set g-sync compatibility, so may be that’s only why i was more stable, any way for msfs is no mater for me. just played crysis2 remastered and feel something wrong, and then catch in mind - i forget to set mark at g-sync compatibility for my monitor. internet said it can be cause of ctd. but how it possible? why this can provoke ctd?