NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Try full cleanup un-install using DDU then go back to 452.06. I still think this is the best driver for GTX 1060 and 1080.

1 Like

Here is a interesting and informative video on how to optimize Nvidia Control Panel settings …

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZrnfWpENTo&feature=emb_logo]

Charles

Informative might not be applicable to FS2020 though. There are at least 1 recommendations in the video which is not always right: using Maximum performance

In effect, there are cases where this setting is giving lower fps than “Optimal”.

The reason is the card will automatically lower its throughput when reaching a heat/power threshold, which you are reaching more easily with “Maximum”. When it does the card ends up delivering lower overall performance than what you’d get with Optimal (which is supposed to adjust as close to the threshold as possible).

This depends on load of course so if you’re below 70% GPU always, then it shouldn’t matter in this case either.

Otherwise you can read my post about some of the NVidia CPL settings which are making a difference with FS2020. Many people are reporting getting a better experience with their hardware too, it might work for you as well (or not): My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2

2 Likes

Is anyone else experiencing CTDs with the recent Nvidia drivers? The last one that works for me is 451.67. Anything after that causes several screen freezes and then CTD! RTX 2080 Super

1 Like

I have had several issues, when the computer boots up after a fresh driver install where my monitor screen has been corrupted. The last few driver versions have been OK though. If you have not done so already, I would uninstall your current driver with the latest version of DDU and install the very latest driver 457.30. Make sure you create a system restore point on your PC before using DDU, having said that, I have used DDU for many years and it has never caused a system problem for me. Are you overclocking your GPU and is is seated in the motherboard socket securely? From what you are indicating, I am sure you only have a driver problem. Good luck. BRGDS. Charles

Still having issues with NVidia drivers and Surround.

Just tried the latest 457.30 version for my RTX 2060 Super and again NVC crashes after selecting Surround. Works OK for a single monitor and for multi monitors but crashes as soon as you try to select Surround.

I have had this happen on all the recent NVidia drivers. Tried clean installs, using DDU in safe mode. always the same still crashes NVC when selecting Surround mode. Lots of post on NVdia’s forums but nothing conclusive about Surround, Looks almost as if they have abandoned it as a feature.

Fortunatly I have found that 456.55 will reliably work and always runs well in Surround so I always have to revert back to that.

Are any other out there using NVidia Surround and are you having better luck than I am with your cards and driver versions?

1 Like

I even got the updated Windows 10, tried step by step driver update for Nvidia driver and have the same issue. The new driver 457.30 just doesn’t work for my computer. I get short black screens and eventually CTD on FS 2020. Tried all the optimization measures discussed herein. Seems like it’s just the driver issue. 451.67 works fine.

1 Like

Have you tried updating Direct X? I have found that changing from a Display Port cable to an HDMI cable helped in some of my previous driver issues where the screen was corrupted on Windows boot-up. It won’t be long before Guru3D release another Nvidia driver build which you could try. Hopefully there is someone in this forum that will read your post who can help you and shed some light on your problem.
Charles

Yeah, I have checked and have the latest Direct X (12). My display connection is also HDMI. So not sure what’s causing this issue but seems like a lot of people are having issues with Nvidia’s recent drivers, at least based on their website forum. Hope they come up with a fix.

1 Like

Today Nvidia driver 457.51 has been released. I will try it out later!

Gaming Technology
Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GPU

What’s New in Release 455

• Supports CUDA 11.1.
  • SLI Profiles Added or updated the following SLI profiles: • Baldur’s Gate 3 • Comanche (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only) • Crusader Kings III • Disintegration (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only • Population Zero • RIDE 4 (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only) • Rocket Arena (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only) • The Blackout Club (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
  • Administrator privileges are now required to perform EDID override.
  • Added support for GeForce RTX 3070, 3080, and 3090 GPUs2
  • NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings: “Max Q Dynamic Boost” setting renamed to “Dynamic Boost”.
  • Adds support for new G-SYNC compatible monitors. Select the driver version under the Driver Needed column to display new monitors supported in that driver.  GeForce Experience Automatic Performance Tuning for GeForce RTX 30-series and RTX 20- series
  • GeForce Experience in-game performance monitoring for GeForce GTX 600 series and above  ShadowPlay gameplay recording now supports HDR on GTX 900-series and above (RTX 3090 can capture 8K 30fps HDR)
  • NVIDIA Broadcast app with AI-powered noise removal and virtual background

Charles

2 Likes

Nvidia driver 457.51 crashes my computer each time I try to install it and the failure culminates with a corrupt white monitor screen with many blue and grey vertical lines. After forcing a restart it looks as if the driver installed correctly and the monitor is displaying correctly. I downloaded my driver direct from Nvidia. There is no control panel which I think we have to download separately, the Guru3D Nvidia driver comes with a control panel in all previous driver releases. Will download the NV Control Panel and try this driver with MSFS 2020. Charles!

Driver works better than expected. GTX 1070 i7-2600K and FPS locked at 40 FPS, (1080P) a very smooth stutter free experience. Aliasing is not as sharp as previous driver. I am a ‘happy chappy’.
Scenery is Maccosims EGCC Manchester on high graphics settings.

A solution is to switch over to the studio driver available 457.30 which is what I did, as I found 457.51 to show a significant drop in FPS in MSFS and XP11.50b2 Vulkan refused to load showing not recognized.
It appears it works for some but not all GPU’s from what I’ve seen on the forums. Maybe it is a NVIDIA tactic to get everyone to purchase a new RTX30 series hehehe :wink:

1 Like

Hi Ian, I will try the studio driver, I could not find them on the Guru3D website. I know they are there because I have seen a link on their website. BRGDS. Charles

460.79 available today.

New Features and Other Changes - NVIDIA Control Panel

• Added Background Application Max Frame Rate control (Manage 3D Settings page)
  • Added Color Accuracy Mode feature (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page)

Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. [2781776]
  • When setting the refresh rate higher than 100Hz, the color format switches from RGB to ycbcr422. [3053990]
  • [GeForce RTX 3090][SLI][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled in SLI surround (3x monitors), the system locks up when launching a game. [3167493]
  • [GeForce RTX 3-series]: NvAPI_GPU_GetGPUInfo() returns an incorrect number of GPU Tensor Cores. [3140329]
  • [MPC-HC]: The video player crashes when playing 1088 pixel-width videos. [3148082]
  • [5k display]: When the display is set to 5k resolution, you cannot set the color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel > Change resolution page. Either the controls are greyed out or they revert to the default after applying any change. [200630939/3182567].

Windows 10 Issues

• [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. [3152190]
  • [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher-refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566]
  • [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. [200667477]
3 Likes

For anyone that uses DDU, here is a new version recently released…

How is the new driver, OK?

1 Like

Hi there! I installed 460.79 and everything was OK. I used the Guru3D driver. Graphics are good however, there are no negative or positive gains in FPS for me with my GTX 1070, I think driver optimisations are aimed at RTX series of cards. BRGDS. Charles

Installed 460.79 today through NVIDIA Experience and what a mistake. The game stutters at approx half second intervals right from the initial launch of the game (i.e. even before you get to the main menu.)
At the main menu everything is very unresponsive and it’s unplayable.
After many reboots and checks with the problem being consistent, I rolled back the driver to 457.51 and immediately, everything returns to normal.
So for me, the latest drivers have a big problem. (I’m on an RTX3090)

2 Likes

Did you use DDU to uninstall the driver? It’s a bit like updating MSFS 2020, some people have problems and others do not. BRGDS. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue with this driver? Charles

this version is mainly related to cyberpunk 2077… as expected, works fine (2080ti)…

Of course I NEVER use such external installers… there is absolut no reason for that.

Possible changes related to a 3090 , for which an issue is reported below, can you find here in th offical changelog:

PS: why is the thread heading “…3060…” , hmm…

1 Like