New Nvidia drivers

Is anyone aware if Nvidia is supposed to release the new drivers today?
From my knowledge they release on Tusdays.

There’s one due but I don’t think msfs will be any different than with the studio driver they’ve already stated the experience would be the same.

2 Likes

Many of us don’t have cards that will allow use of the studio driver. Yet, we still will get an advantage from the new Game Ready driver, re DX12.

Was not aware of cards existing that do not allow use of studio drivers … do you have an example?

4 Likes

Nvidia GTX TITAN X

Supported Cards listed for Studio driver 517.40 lists TITAN X:

NVIDIA TITAN Series:

NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)

GeForce RTX 30 Series:

GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, GeForce RTX 3070, GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060, GeForce RTX 3050

GeForce RTX 20 Series:

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2060

GeForce 16 Series:

GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650, GeForce GTX 1630

GeForce 10 Series:

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

3 Likes

Wow antique :joy:

Moved to #self-service:install-performance-graphics

What card do you have that’s not supported? I imagine there’s an end of life time for them at some point.

Source of that the Game-driver could be released today?

I’d seen a reply from Nvidia on their forum somewhere but can’t remember where it was now saying one was due this week but msfs experience would be the same.

1 Like

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. =)

So…it could be released any time from today until friday, to be honest?

And - the Gamedriver wont add something for FS2020 if you already are up and running with the latest Studio driver?

2 Likes

Thats what it says, just because it says game ready doesn’t mean it would enhance msfs at all unless Microsoft/Nvidia are looking to improve what was released last week I guess. If they’ve already applied the fix in the studio driver the any future drivers won’t make any difference…

3 Likes

Exactly so not the NVIDIA GTX TITAN X
In all the GRD it’s there but not in the studiodrivers

1 Like

Finally someone who can end the evergoing discussion about the studio driver having a fix or not for MSFS. Thank you!

3 Likes

Something learned today then … never would I have imagined there could be two different cards named so similar. (GeForce GTX Titan X vs. NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)

But in Fact they are just doing it again with the two very different upcoming 4080s (16GB/12GB) :rofl:

517.48 GRD is out but I couldn’t get it with GFE or by searching Nvidia driver site. I got it from the link on the Guru3d Nvidia drivers forum

So a later version than the 517.40 Studio Driver.

A very quick test suggests broadly the same perf as the studio driver. For me in DX12/DLSS quality with an RTX3070 8Gb texture res has to be High not Ultra to prevent overallocation of GPU memory