New PC for FS2020

Hello,

I am planning on building a brand new PC exclusively for FS2020. As I’m a Macbook owner, I will definitely have to build something from zero :sweat_smile: :rofl:
Can anyone help me out with a setup that is proven to be compatible and works fine with the simulator? I am interested on getting a budget to medium range setup. Any recommendations on the specs?

Thanks for your time!

Budget to medium would be how I started.

Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2070 Super
32GB Rams
B550 Motherboard
600W PSU

With a mixture of high and ultra settings you can run FS2020 pretty good.

1 Like

My advice start with the 3060ti ryzen 5 5600x with 32gb but unfortunately you will have to wait. Don’t go with anything that is previous gen unless you find them cheaper.

I have exactly the config with the 3060 Ti. Performance is great.

I’d second the 5600x. Just a few dollars more than the 3700x listed above is currently going for, and way faster. You can’t do much better for performance in Flight Simulator, and it’s priced for a midrange build so it’s one of the best bangs for your bucks you can get right now in a market that is otherwise not good for new PC builders.

Have NASA build your computer, so you can max out the VR :grinning:

I recent bought one, but it was a prebuilt one. It runs pretty decent on it and I consider it mid-range.

Intel I7-10700
RTX Super 8GB Ram- My weakest link
32GB Ram - Do Not Go Less Than This. More really doesn’t help much. Money better spent on GPU.
1TB NVMe SSD Drive - Regular SSD wont cut it.
500 Watt Power Supply - Big enough to go with a little bigger GPU.

I run with Global setting on High and 60 FPS.

I highly recomend a 750W PSU! Then you have the option to run two gpu`s in SLI/Crossfire e.g.

What’s your budget and what res are you planning to play at?

I’m using an RTX 2080 Super and it runs the sim wonderfully!! My setup was given to me as a gift and I highly recommend it. Ibuypower brand.

Hi Rubypython80902
I built a brand new PC 3 months ago having MSFS 2020 in mind. It’s pretty good, but I am not 100% satisfied since the display will begin lagging quite badly (10-15 FPS) at Ultra settings when performing an approach on a very detailed airport or city. Here’s my config:

• Motherboard Asus Rog Stryx
  • CPU Ryzen 9 3900X
  • 32 GB Ram
  • GPU NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER
    With the arrival of the 30 series GPU, you might have better prices for a 2080Ti. Add to this a good motherboard and a CPU that can reach 5 GHz frequency and I’m confident you can run MSFS pretty well at Ultra settings.
    Don’t rush though. MSFS has great potential and will age wonderfully, but there’s still some bugs at the moment, and the third-party planes are just beginning to be available. All this to say, if you can wait 6 months or a year more, you’ll be in a much better position to enjoy this great app.

As you have not stated where your currently living I’m assuming your from America
A Medium budget would probably be an rtx 3060ti, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 3600MHz, Any B550 motherboard, 500gb m.2 ssd+2tb HDD if you would like to save yourself a couple of dollars you could get the non ti variant of the Rtx 3060 which is coming out in late February.