New PC looking for monitor/multi monitor options

Since 2010 I’ve been using a triple 27" setup. I currently have a 1ms 144hz monitor in the middle, because I do play a lot of competitive games. Counter Strike, Valorant, Rocket League, Etc. I’m about to build a new tower so that I can use my current tower (4790k - 1080) for a streaming PC. I ordered an i9-13900k, 4080, with 32gibs of DDR5 6000mhz ram for my new build and really thinking about a different monitor setup. With the 3 screens I have 5760x1080 which is tough on PC but love all the monitor space, with my current low end PC I only use the middle monitor for MSFS and use the sides for pop out windows like VFR Map, ATC, onaircompany, etc. I have no experience with ultra wide monitors, but really considering getting one or two. Has anyone experimented with these different displays with similar PC specs?

Keep in mind I have a huge U-Shaped Desk so space isn’t a problem.

I’m thinking:
1 - 49" Samsung ultra wide with my current 27" 144hz on the side. Then my other PC just hooking up 2-3 of my 60hz 27"s
1 or 2 - 34" ultrawide monitors and the good 27" if needed

I’m not sure if I should get 1440 or 1080 just don’t want to regret my decision.

I would like to keep from taxing the PC as much as possible, but also not cut down on the amount of screen space I have. I would ultimately love to use 1-49" with the whole thing used for MSFS and use 1 side of it for competitive gaming if I can find a 1-2ms response time 144-160hz curved 49" UW but I’m not even sure if these exist. Then having 1 of my 27"s for my pop out windows or other programs. Or if I should go with 1 or 2 - 34 curved ultrawides and a 27 if needed. It’s to much I’m melting my brain lol

I do have a VR it’s old school one of the first gen Oculus rifts, I use it only for sim racing and tried it with MSFS but for long flights I’d rather just use the monitors even if I had a better VR.

Thank you to anyone that has any input.

If you can run 4K, I’ve found the best solution for me so far is a 32" 4K. At only a foot in front of my face, it’s plenty big enough, and the tight pixel pitch makes for some very sharp graphics.

1 Like

I use the Samsung 49 UW with 5120x1440 resolution. I absolutely love it. Most games play ok with the resolution. A mate also bought the latest version and he is in awe of it also. A very impressive buy.

Unfortunately MSFS2020 does not work so well with the 32/9 ratio. There is no FOV adjustment. You end up with stretching on the outer edges. I really hope they fix this in the 2024 release. Just so you know what to expect if you buy just for MSFS. Xplane works very well with the wide screen.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get one also. Thanks for the input.

I’m looking at 2 Oled monitors. 1 has HDR10, HDR 10+ and VESA certified DisplayHDR400. The other only lists VESA Certified DisplayHDR400. I’m reading about MSFS support for HDR10. Can someone explain the difference if there is any ??