New peripheral type that needs to be supported

Just seen this on reddit:

Think we need something like this to radically improve immersion. Obviously a scented tree probably isn’t right for us pilots. Suggestions below on what it should be…

4 Likes

Two options here, in flight meal scent or too close to the lavatory scent. I’ll skip on both :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

What IS NECESSARY for MSFS is an engine oil scent, engine start, etc… Particularly for radial engine and open cockpit planes.

Safety of the fumes on your children will not be guaranteed, however… (Obviously we don’t care about your safety at all… who would if we could have that?)

Buddy Christ bobblehead.

3 Likes

440px-Wackel-Elvis_at_Graceland_cropped

3 Likes

How about a native usb fan support? Just plug it into the USB and the MSFS will control the speed directly according to the airspeed. This doesn’t make sense in closed cockpits, but in open ones it would be an asset in my eyes. However, I have no idea whether this would even be technically possible. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Sir i like your style
f212356490ec69884eee1e4370e09031

1 Like

Actually I meant USB fan, not USB turbine. I don’t want to look like this when I fly. :rofl:
(Windy is only when the sheep no longer have curls.)

My dog tends to create a “bad smell in cockpit” emergency.

1 Like

sim racing studios does exactly that with their kit of software and fans. I have it and it works my buttkickers and fans at appropriate speeds as I fly.

I already know that. I know about Buttkicker, Bass Shaker, etc. But these always need additional software. The question was for “New peripheral type that needs to be supported”. I interpret this as looking for hardware that should be natively supported by the MFSF, without any additional software (third party).

Need a Hula Girl on the yoke when flying the Goose, or a small JC statue.

This topic is pushing the limits of relevance to the sim, and has drawn non-constructive and unrelated posts including Meme use. Let’s move on folks.