New Pilot looking for Joy Stick Controler Suggestions

I am new to Microsoft Flight Simulator and would like to ask which Joystick Controller would you recommend that can be added onto with a separate throttle control as I grow with more experience?

TY

1 Like

The Thrustmaster Airbus is reasonably priced and natively supported by Flight Simulator. It uses hall sensors in the pitch and roll axes so should be more reliable than less expensive options.

2 Likes

Thanks for that information. I was kind of thinking along those lines and later adding the Throttle.

2 Likes

I have it but and getting frustrated with it as it violently banks the AC when at neutral. I don’t use mods and have nothing in the community folder. Perhaps someone could send me a print screen of their sensitivity settings? I’ve tried changing them but nothing sticks

yep, both the Airbus sidestick and T16000M from Thrustmaster are great sticks for good value. They’re technically identical (both use the hall effect sensors), so just pick the one that suits your style more.

@RCAFVET

Older screenshot, but the values should still work fine.

2 Likes

Thank You I’ll try lose settings

I use the Thrustmaster T.16000M. Works great.

Have you calibrated it in either its app or Windows?

Ihave a thrustmaster T.flight stick X. I am happy with this! My version is whitout thruster (there is a slider in it to be used as a thruster). I eill buy one from logitech

I have thrustmaster T16000TM combo, but I recommend Thrustmaster Airbus thruster, joystick and add-on for perfect experience.

I’ve been using the Saitex X52 Pro Flight Control Sytem and Pro pedals (now made by Logitech) since 2012 and they’re still going great. They were easily recognized by MSFS without me doing anything, except adding some custom assignments.
There may be more modern stuff on the market nowadays though.

Thank you for that info Chat. I am leaning in that direction

Thanks for the Info Mort. :slight_smile:

Thank You Ron.

Thank You Morol.

Thank you my italian brother :slight_smile: Be Safe …

VKB Gladiator NXT for a premium stick at not so premium price.

1 Like

I’ll second that on the x-56 HOTAS just got mine, and I love it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yep I like the looks of that for a future upgrade, although it’s quite a price jump from the Thrustmaster.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.