New Release at Simmarket: BRSIMDESIGNS - DEBONAIR 35

This was a defining aspect of the EMB-200 by Bruno as well. It took several updates for it to even marginally slow down in level flight. I do hope he considers bringing someone in to help with engine performance modeling, I think it needs a second opinion for sure.

Thanks for all the reviews gentlemen! Really helps to make a decision, especially when the model is from a developer with whom Iā€™ve had no previous experience.

1 Like

Some smaller gripes:

• There are no variants without wingtip tanks. I appreciate the fuel transfer system which works well, but it seems more often than not the Debonair didnā€™t have those tanks fitted.
  • The winglets donā€™t make a whole lot of sense to me. Iā€™ve never seen a Debonair with winglets though Iā€™m sure they existed, but Iā€™ve definitely never seen a Debonair with winglets sticking out of the wingtip tanks.

Some additional praise:

• The cargo loading based on weight is super cool. This thing is an immersive little cargo hauler because of that feature, I hope we see more developers follow suit.
1 Like

Did you notice the boxes in the baggage compartment?

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™m referring to. They are removed/added as you change the payload slider which is really neat.

1 Like

Ahh, I hadnā€™t gotten around to messing with the slider. That is neat. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

I just did a quick flight with live weather and time here, which means dark and IMC rainā€¦lol Take off from KRUQ, touch & go at KEXX, and land back at KRUQ. The Garmin seems to function normally. I did ILS approaches for both airports, and it locks onto the Loc and GS just fine, but seems to stop tracking the GS at some point and stays too high. I didnā€™t let leave it on AP long enough to see if it would correct itself, but following the instruments visual worked good. I really shouldnā€™t have done live weatherā€¦ couldnā€™t see anything outside :sweat_smile:

The landing lights are great, but the taxi light might as well not exist. Could be accurate to the real plane thoā€¦no clue.

The nose wheel doesnā€™t turn while sitting still, but it does while moving, although not much.

I didnā€™t test RNAV or coms, and I have in-game ATC disabled since I usually use Pilot2ATC.

Also, I just discovered the switches on the left side to toggle winglets, attitude indicator, static elements, and one other that I donā€™t rememberā€¦ mightā€™ve been the cargo door?

My second flight has made me like the aircraft even more. Itā€™s really is enjoyable to fly. Iā€™ve seen it compared to the JustFlight Arrows a few times, which isnā€™t a fair comparison in my opinion. Youā€™re comparing a $28 aircraft to a $45 aircraft. This is almost half the price.

2 Likes

Looks nice, but even as desperate as I am for a steam-gauge version of one or more Beechcraft models, it doesnā€™t really seem to offer anything special that the Turbo Arrow, the Mooney, or the Trinidad donā€™t already have. Complex single 4-seaters are already a pretty crowded segment.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my review of it. This aeroplane needs a bit of love to be truly one which everyone could recommend, but still worth a look even in this condition:

5 Likes

The size and proportion look quite out of whack compared to the similar neighboring plane.

Thanks for the review! It looks like a total improvement over the Ipanema product, so I will be picking this up eventually, I am not in a wild hurry for this aircraft, just because I have a ton of these types sitting around in my hangar, but itā€™s a nice job overall, hopefully the things you have pointed out will be sorted in a patch.

It still puzzles me why the avionics and ATC/frequency changing on the Ipanema havenā€™t been fixed yet.

2 Likes

Video review from yesterday I didā€¦
TL:DW Aircraft model itself is wonky. Flys well. Some minor avionics niggles.

I have to admit, I didnā€™t expect to see an update so quickly. Iā€™m impressed! I havenā€™t downloaded or tried the update yet.

7 Likes

Wowā€¦ thatā€™s a shockingly complete list of fixes. Iā€™m so excited to try out the new version! Downloading the update now. Edit to say that the update is loose files even though it mentions an installer, just overwrite the existing folder in your Community folder.

1 Like

Nice to see such a prompt and seemingly thorough update. Apart from the scaling issue of the whole plane, what was the consensus on whether the vertical tail is wrongly shaped? I looked at all the screenshots and video available and I couldnā€™t tell if it was just a fisheye lens effect making it look too ā€œfat.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™m lo longer towering over the pushback! The overall feel is so much more natural that it made me realize just how wrong the size was before.

The glass reflectivity :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I think the whole tail section (including horizontal and vertical stabilizer) is oversized

I size is a lot better now, and the exterior glass is perfect! The brakes work much better now, too. I noticed that you can still see the beacon light shining through, but itā€™s a lot better!

Something new Iā€™ve noticed just now is rain in the cabin. Iā€™ve only flown in rain so far, and I didnā€™t notice that prior to the update. It may have been introduced when the exterior windows were fixes, or I might have simply not noticed it yesterday if I didnā€™t turn on my flashlight. (Iā€™ve also only flown in the dark) Itā€™s not a big deal, and I canā€™t put this one on the developer because a lot of aircraft have had that at some pointā€¦Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be corrected.

This is actually becoming one of my favorite aircraft! Iā€™m looking forward to the weekend, when Iā€™ll be able to do a full proper flight with it.

Kudos to the dev for rolling out such a quick fix to the issues pointed out by the community.

Lots of ā€œstreet credā€ for that! :slight_smile:

6 Likes