[NEW RELEASE] CYKZ Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport

I’m releasing my CYKZ Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport scenery I’ve been working on for the last month. I have put a lot of effort into it and I hope it will be enjoyed by many. I will certainly enjoy it myself soon, when VR support is released.

It uses hi-definition PBR textures, transparent and parallax windows, 2 open hangars for small and large GA with interior modelling and airplane starts so you can spawn inside a hangar, both towers are manned and have modelled interiors, all runways and taxiways and signs are redone, custom night lighting and signs are everywhere and so on.

Here are some screenshots to see what it looks like:

1.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

2.jpg

22.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

8.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

29.jpg

13 Likes

Looks amazing! Thanks for your efforts!

Sure, thanks for the kind words.

Looks excellent! Thank you for your work!

Great work, dude. Looks real pretty. Can you do Toronto Pearson, too ?

I wanted to, but FlyTampa is working on it already. Can’t compete with them anyway. I will do wither Ottawa or Quebec city next I think.

1 Like

Thanks! Spread the word…

Just to let you know, I’m working on CYOW full speed.

Terrific work man! Nice details on those hangar interiors!

Thanks! I think we deserve to have start points in the hangars, it’s so much more immersive.

1 Like

One note about open hangare starting spots: the open hangars have “start positions” inside – you can select them as a spawning point in your flight. So you can start your flight with a cold airplane inside that hangar. But all start points are randomly populated by MSFS unless you are occupying it at the moment. So sometimes you couldn’t finish your flight there, as the place will be occupied. Other times you will be. For now, it’s not possible to change that. So sometimes you will see planes, cars and buses randomly spawn in all start points… I saw a bus in the hangar once, it looked hilarious. Nothing I can do about that. You can prevent it from happening by reducing the amount of ground vehicles in the sim to zero. This will affect the whole sim though.

1 Like

Sad news today. CYKZ was officially closed. Big “X”'s were painted on the runways earlier this month.

https://x.com/MarkwBrooks/status/1730347702712418339?s=20

Sad news indeed. The good news is that we can still use it in MSFS :slight_smile:

1 Like