New Release: EA-7 Edgley Optica (ORBX)

These are easily fixed. I looked at the pilot camera, and transcribed the xyz cooordinates for the camera position into the L2/R2/L3/R3 camera views. They now work perfectly.

Oddly, they didn’t configure the forward 45 degree views of L1/R1, so these are sim default but work for the most part.

What I find incredible here is why at least three vendors I have bought planes from have these messed up views. This should be the simplest thing to set up, compared to all the other things.

3 Likes

Tend to agree with you on these comments. It needs a lot more work until it’s useable, I’ve deleted it until fixes are made.
Camera presets in particular are justy plain silly, these need correcting to show per the Asobo standard views.

3 Likes

I regret purchasing this aircraft. No updates yet. I want a refund!

2 Likes

Refunds - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

2 Likes

You are not going to get it.

No refunds on software according to their policy.

I guess one could argue goods are not fit for purpose, but that’s an uphill battle.

1 Like

Thats fair enough. Ill never buy from ORBX again. Their loss as I have bought many airports off them over the last few months. Great way to lose customers.

1 Like

havent had a single problem with it , yeah the cameras are messed up but the flight model feels great

Unfortunately its not the case for me. Its an absolute misery to fly. So its getting deleted.

Maybe you would like to “share” your fixes with us, who do not know how to fix it ourselves,

2 Likes

Probably a premature product deployment marred by adobo flight model issue.

They will remedy the defects but will take time.

It’s the way software is sold these days on “supported” platforms, such as FS2020.

On ORBX forum, a list of bugs is already up.

2 Likes

Rather than posting this here, have you contacted ORBX direct via their forums?

Or they have a discord page with a support section, you could try there.

Or via Submit a request – Orbx Simulation Systems

Their bug list for this product is here:

1 Like

Flight model does not feel ok for some, so we have to wait and see what the cause is.

You might be somehow the lucky one, which is great.

I’m one of those not having a problem with the flight model.

I saw a comment on one of the other threads (think it was the freeware version thread?) about the user having to pull the stick ‘into their stomach’ to flare - I only use about half stick at most for the flare, trimmed for 70 on the approach then gradual aft stick sets it down nicely.

I wonder if those with problems have tried the advice upthread from EllsGaming about linear controller curves and sensitivity / dead zone settings?

2 Likes

No, these are for ORBX to correct, not us.

1 Like

As soon as I get home I will. I don’t know the line I question off the tip of my head.

Actually, I know I uploaded a camera file to the Islander group, and that will have the right lines in but not the values.

Give me 10 minutes. :blush:

I think crucifying Orbx for these issues is a little harsh - yes, there are problems. They have been very responsive and are compiling a list of issues for fixes. These will take a little bit of time, but Orbx is reputable. They will take care of this as soon as they can. Have some patience.

11 Likes

Okay, look in the “cameras.cfg” file for the Optica. You should find a camera whose title is “Pilot” or similar.

Below are the top two lines from the Islander config for that particular camera:

[CAMERADEFINITION.0]
Title = “Pilot” ; This is descriptive only, not used by the system

Look down and you should see the following line, but obviously with different values:

InitialXyz = 0.02, 0.1, 0.3

That is the camera position. Copy that entire line into the clipboard.

Now scroll through the file to find the other cameras for two side, and two backward looking views. Their titles should have “L2”, “R2”, “L3” , and “R3” at the end of their names.

Find their respective lines that begin “InitialXyz =”, and overwrite those values by overwriting that line with what you have in the clipboard. In essence you have reset those four camera views to be in the same position as pilot. I don’t know why this wasn’t done by OrbX.

Now either reload the plane via the dev. menu, or re-launch the sim.

2 Likes

im on a vkb stick and a virpil cm2 throttle. if i let go of the stick, after awhile it will subtlely start to drift, but i expect that. it doesnt pull that way. its certainly within what i would expect for a prop-powered aircraft without autopilot to act like. i dont fly hands off tho. also, my stick is on a long extension with very little centering force so if i let go i cant guarantee the stick returns to the 0/0 position

It’s not at all unfair. Had it been a free product the yes, but it’s not. And ORBX allegedly being a reputable company only makes this shoddy product less acceptable - we should hold then to a higher standard and expect better.

The good news I suppose is that the free version has been updated today and it flies how this version should have in the first place.

4 Likes

Considering it as a commercial product, I have to base my decision on potentially buying any future OrbX aircraft on my experience with this one. I don’t mind fixing up some simple faults like the cameras, but it does still tarnish the view of the product when something so simple gets missed.

First impressions, and all that.

2 Likes