New Release: EA-7 Edgley Optica (ORBX)

Like @BostonJeremy77 says have some patience. Orbx have acknowledged that customers are having some issues, they have listened to those concerns and created a bug list and have repeatedly said on here, their forums and their discord that a patch is incoming soon.

I am sure that we would all prefer that they had sufficient time to address all the issues concerned and not rush something out that either only fixed some of them or broke something else.

3 Likes

I am not sure if it’s normal for aircraft type, given it normally would not have an active aileron trim.

To me it’s rather extreme given I was setting up in clear skies.

It took around 5 seconds to roll left when off stick.

This is even after 10 minutes of flight, continual testing.

I tested C152 afterwards to compare controller setup, and the roll is not pronounced.

So to me, in my setup, it’s rather problematic and may point to model issue.

2 Likes

No, sorry… Not to bag on free version, but it’s grossly overpowered. This flies much closer to the actual performance numbers. That’s not about preferences, these are facts.

5 Likes

But the camera angles work, and it flies in a straight line. From a user experience there’s no comparison.

And these are fact too.

4 Likes

Looking at the aileron on the real aircraft, you can see a trim tab. These are manually adjusted on the ground. I would guess that, without them, the aircraft will not fly in a perfectly straight line (otherwise, what would be the need for them?)

I would also surmise that the sim does not currently support these, so there is likely to be rolling moment from the engine which you could, semi-realistically, trim out using aileron trim while on the ground using keyboard or controller assigned commands.

What actually interests me most is why there seems to be such disparity in what people are seeing, presuming that we are all using the modern fm? Still think a lot of this could be down to controller curves…

5 Likes

I’ve already posted mine. Did you see anything wrong?

I myself am not going to lie. The rolling to the left is getting on my nerves. No other plane does it, I got to just hanger it, until its fixed but I am growing tired of the wait.

Somewhat left field, but your setting up a C of G position before venturing out?
I noticed that the % C of G Slider in the MSFS section where Fuel, balance etc is undertaken, won’t change. ie, if I drag the slider say, to the right, it springs back to where it was.
All other aircraft let me fine tune C of G position with that Slider.
TG

If that’s about the curves, I’ve just scrolled up and your pic looks like what EllsGaming suggested.

1 Like

Yep, flat across the board. I have one yoke profile for all planes, and that’s it.

1 Like

Many thanks … will try that this evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please remember, now that the final update is out for the (Jonx/Flightsim.to) version to use this linked thread for any issues, not this thread as it should be reserved for Orbx. I’ve seen quite a bit of bug feedback for my version here and I’m really trying to rid that.

No more updates from me in the coming future unless it’s detrimental to the flight model.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-ea-7-edgley-optica-jonx/389109

3 Likes

Official bug list here, expect the patch to OD very soon:

And again as the mods have pointed out please direct all support queries to our forums, not here.

3 Likes

Hey All, Optica patch now available on OC.
In addition the livery texture paintkit files have been included in the patch so you can make your own liveries as well.
You can find them here:
Community\orbx-aircraft-optica\Resources\Documentation

Or available online here:

Thanks for all your feedback and remember to report any bugs to the Orbx forums.

Cheers,
Ellie.
Business Development Manager
Orbx

4 Likes

Thanks. Maybe a lag on it becoming available. I am still on version 1.0 on Orbx Central. No update available yet.

What is OC? I bought it through ORBX Direct. When will the patch be on there?

OrbX Central.

1 Like

Oh ok. Thanks. Well I have that open no patch.

1 Like

I checked about an hour or so ago, and no patch yet. It will come eventually.

1 Like

You might want to delete your post. As other have said your post is wrong, it is not available.