New Release: VirtualCol Embraer ERJ-170/175

simMarket: VIRTUALCOL - EMBRAER 170/175 SERIES FOR MSFS

Downloading now… Pics/impressions up when I have a chance to test… My expectations are low due to their disastrous Beech 99, but… let’s hope. MAYBE this one is better.

9 Likes

Think there is a freeware group also that is developing the e-jets. Hope they will be better

4 Likes

Yet another Frankenstein… Using the A320 FMC… Oh my.

Curious about your review, but I’m not as optimistic :grin:

10 Likes

You are now the gate keeper to my wallet lol. Depending on what you say, depends on if I buy, if its not a known Dev.

5 Likes

A warning to everyone. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. It uses default CJ4 systems, has terrible texturing and lacks multiple models / has terrible models. Maybe the price isn’t that high, but it’s not worth it at all! Do you research and have a look at other virtualcol’s products for msfs, mainly the beech99, and you’ll learn the deal.

11 Likes

Ouch, that´s what it looks like transferring/porting 2004 modeling/textures to a 2020 sim…

2 Likes

Are those bricks or seats?

6 Likes

its a 397MB download for all that…Cant expect much fidelity. However its a double edged sword. When it looks great ppl moan its eating FPS. CS seem to have nailed that!

Virtualcol is a known dev. Known for subpar quality.

6 Likes

That looks like the finest virtual concrete money can buy. Also it has a strangely disturbing model (looks almost like a tombstone, or is it just me?).
Wonder what kind of rocket engine this 'craft needs to take off with all that weight.

I also went and watched the beginning of the first tutorial they have on youtube. Stopped watching after hearing the sound of the first flipped switch.

Jeremy, as usual, thanks for the time and money you spend to have a look at all those addons.

3 Likes

I am still in the middle of this, but before I have a chance to finish and post anything, my recommendation is HOLD OFF BUYING THIS. This is awful so far.

9 Likes

That’s a shame. I was really interested in this but having watched the promo video, I had a feeling it was going to be bad.

3 Likes

THIS NOT A STUDY LEVEL PRODUCT!

At least they are up front about it.

3 Likes

A320 FMC, CJ4 PFD, Boeing MFD and Embraer EICAS. Now thats a wild one.

2 Likes

They DID IT. They managed to put out something that’s even worse than their Beech 99.

PRE-EVERYTHING ELSE DISCLAIMER:

It uses a Frankenstein of A320 and CRJ avionics. The FMC says A320 on it and lists the LEAP engines. Therefore, it is either NOT COMPATIBLE with Working Title CJ4 or not compatible with itself. I am not about to remove WT CJ4, so I am not gonna find out which it is… But since your default planner loads a flight plan into the FMC of A320, and it doesn’t into the CJ4, while your FMC will have the flight plan listed, the PFD is actually not aware that there is any (you can see that in the screenshot)… So unless you want to fly visually, good luck. I have also tried to manually change the flight plan in the FMC to see if at least THAT will get into the Collins ProLine, but no such luck. No flight plan.

GRAPHICS:
See screenshots. Stop telling PMDG their stuff is not good looking. Wanna see not good looking? Look here! Everything looks completely unnatural, that cockpit door is straight from Windows 95 era, everything else is not much better. Externally, it’s a BIT better, but it all still looks like some weird paper cutout. Again, see the screenshots.

SYSTEMS:
Um. No. See the disclaimer above. Everything in cold and dark mode starts in weird positions too. Checklist is only half-complete in-sim and goes up to Climb and stops there. They also don’t intend to supply any manual because they made some YouTube tutorial.

FLYING:
Ground handling is awful. Turn radius doesn’t exist on taxi. It flies like their Beech 99 - underpowered, clunky. I haven’t tried stalls or anything of the sort, I am not about to prolong the torture.

SOUND:
It makes those weird creaky sounds like the Cessna 172 does while taxiing. I don’t know, everything else sounds… passable, but that’s the least of their issues here.

OVERALL:
This is on CaptainSim/Beech99 level. Except they don’t have the graphics fidelity of CaptainSim. So, it’s pretty much useless. Like I said, you have to remove Working Title CJ4 to MAYBE get this to work? I haven’t tried and won’t. Why would I get rid of a high fidelity business jet to fly this bargain bin eyesore? Not a chance.

I am NOT gonna defend “at least they say it’s not a study level product”. It doesn’t need to be study-level. It can be a simple implementation as long as it’s believable and done well. This is neither. It’s just straight rubbish. Bredok3D’s 737 MAX is better than this thing, and I don’t like their MAX.

I am not some guy who is gonna look for positives here just to throw them SOME bone. I am not gonna look for “at least they got THIS right”… cause they got the majority of it wrong, so one or two positives won’t redeem this.

I’d stay away from this AS FAR AS YOU CAN.

OK… here is ONE redeeming thought: MAYBE they will make it better? But… these guys still haven’t been able to get the range knob on a DEFAULT G1000 work on their Beech, so… how can you hope for anything to get better?

46 Likes

@BostonJeremy77 thx mate! U saved my money! Give this guy 5 stars , already always waiting for his opinion! He knows what’s going on!

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like another solid Don’t Buy.

3 Likes

I am not in kindergarten, so I don’t need a star on the wall. :laughing:

Just trying to warn people that this thing is a flying circus so that we don’t see a number of threads titled “OMG I BOUGHT THIS EMBRAER PLANE AND IT DOESNT WORK GOOD I WANT MY MONEY BACK”… This is very much a buyer-beware market and considering their Beech99 is in the Marketplace, I can only assume THIS thing is gonna land there too. I have the resources to buy and check out planes, other people may not. So, whether or not my opinion is worth anything is up to people to decide, but it’s my opinion and it’s stated here fairly direct. If I can save even 3 people their money and frustration and heartbreak when buying this and actually seeing how badly done this is, my job here is done.

Virtualcol doesn’t interact here on the forum, so there is little hope of them seeing any of this and actually fixing this junky release. They don’t even have a proper forum on their site. It’s a developer who has nailed ZERO out of two aircraft they dumped into this sim. So, don’t say you haven’t been warned. :wink:

17 Likes

Looks like tombstone

1 Like