New Simmer worried about getting MSFS on XBox

Just a convoluted way to bring things coded for PC over to XBOX without them being vulnerable to malware or hacking. The XBOX is a walled garden like an Apple computer. PCs are more open for modding and addons. Fixing this issue will bridge the gap between PC and console and make more addons available on console.

1 Like

Here is a good review of MSFS 2020 on XB Series S.

It’s a year old now (SU6) but it may help w/ how the game runs on the system :

Can I please ask, what do YOU use ?? :wink:

Lol… I don’t know what issues people have with the Xbox controller … you just have to tune it to your liking and that’s pretty much it.

3 Likes

I’ve done some searching and it seems there are issues with the controllers when you use MSFS on different platforms. I use a different xbox controller on each. Things get weird.

SimBrief works in the a310 and navigraph works in the Honda Jet on Xbox (as you probably know). Is the GTN750 going to be a possibility on Xbox? I thought someone said at one point it would not be possible. I never heard why but that seemed to be an agreement with a few in another thread.

SimBrief and Navigraph are getting there. Slowly. There are definitely workarounds.

The PMS50 likely needs WASM support before it can be used on console.

1 Like

I think it resets the to defaults whenever you use a new controller with the same gamertag or whatever. Just save a preset and use that for every controller you connect.

Here’s the thing. I’m new to Xbox so the controller is a bit of a learning curve. The keyboard was at first too. The problem is the default controller file doesn’t match what shows in the control panel. If it did it would be much easier. Anyhow, I’ll probably just end up doing my own profile just as I did on the keyboard. I’ll get there.

I started off with controller only for simplicity and as it kind of worked but I find that if you invest time in the Sim and enjoy it, some sort of Yoke/joystick andthrottle system is a game changer. I use Hotas One and a mouse for cockpit interraction and the controller is in the middle and only used for moving around views in the cockpit.

1 Like

I’m trying to see just how possible it is to fly this this thing with just a controller, for curiosity’s sake. Its much easier with a wireless keyboard and mouse and I also have a extremel 3d joystick. I just want too see if I can sit in my chair or sofa and fly it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.