New Spotlight Event landing challenge featuring the Cessna 172 Skyhawk landing at Kingston Airport in Nevada isn't showing on my Sim

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I just realized that the Spotlight Event landing challenge featuring the Cessna 172 Skyhawk landing at Kingston Airport in Nevada isn’t showing on my Flight Simulator 2020. I have both the Cesna and the airport, so this isn’t the issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It should appear on the main screen in the place of discovery flights after you have several combined hours of the other activities.

Hi, as you can see in the first picture, it doesn’t appear.

Yes I saw it, and therein lies my point. Your other screens demonstrate that you didn’t complete the activities.

I didn’t complete, yes. Is it required to complete the other activities for this new one to appear?
Thanks

You want to do some bush trips and landing challenges and discovery flights etc. Like I say, it might need to add up to a few hours worth. I am unsure of the exact amount.

I talked to a mod, the only requirement is having the plane and the airport. Doesnt need anything else, hes the one who instructed me to report the bug. I did some of those activities, but it got erased when I turned to Beta. Cheers

The bug is that your logbook/profile got erased, not the spotlight event not appearing. That is completely normal until you complete some of the activities.

There was a change back in SU7 where spotlight landing events require flags of “Beginner Pilot” and “Discovery Frenzy” to be cleared. These flags appear to be stored on your cloud profile. As best as we can gather from CM feedback from the devs, “Beginner Pilot” is cleared by completing 4 hours of non-discovery flights (landing challenges, bush trips, training, etc). And “Discovery Frenzy” is cleared by completing around 2-3 discovery flights.

2 Likes

I think my cloud got erased by some reason. I had over 500 hours of flight, now I have 50.

Thanks again Raynen. Your information is what helped me to resolve this issue for myself.

Same issue with me. When I ‘Reset’ the sim through Win 10 settings, it erased my 300+ hours of flight and now just like you, the Nevada flight does not show up!
They need to fix the Log Book issue so people dont lose hours of data just because they had to reinstall or reset the sim.

Apologies for getting back to this late. Here are the requirements to see the new Spotlight Event:

All Discovery Flights flown or 4 hours of flight since the last Discovery Flight was played are required to display the new Spotlight Event on the homepage, which replaces the Discovery Flight shortcut.

1 Like