New updates today (8 Apr)

Anyone else pick up three new updates in content manager today? I hadn’t seen any announcements, but there were three new updates from Asobo in there today.
Regards

1 Like

Nope didn’t notice anything.
What kind of updates were there?

Just found them myself…
There are two USA airport updates… KDFW & KSWF
and also an Alaskan bushtrip update.

Nothing to get excited about

Regards
Steve

2 Likes

I’m going back in to take another look. I just happened to look in Content Manager and it showed three new updates available. I don’t have any mods or add-on sceneries, so it’s not one of those. One was Alaska bush trip, one was Stewart airport, and I think the other was Denver, but I didn’t look real well at them.

Yea it’s not a big update or anything, but I was just surprised there were new updates that I hadn’t seen announced.

1 Like

2 Likes

Allright cool.
Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it tomorrow.
Hopefully the online services will be running again.

I’m still getting that pop up mentioning “packages are out of date”, making it impossible to use online functions.

I just got that nice message just before landing in the 4th mission of VFR Academy…
Is it just necessary to check the updates also while one is flying?

There were a few serious ramps…I mean, bumps…at KSWF, that tended to affect the aircraft when taxiing, especially when doing 60 knots or so in a piper. :wink:

Maybe they “fixed” them?

1 Like

I made a couple high-speed taxi tests up and down the runways at KSWF, and saw some elevation changes but no large bumps/ramps, so maybe that was one of the fixes there.

Then they should also fix KSEA and KSFO! Big airports with big cracks and tears!

2 Likes

I’ve use 16L/34R quite a few times with no issues. Which runway did you use, I’ll do some test runs on them to validate the issues.
Regards

I wish they’d fix Honolulu airport. Since the last world update the runway lines are crooked.

Yesterday I landed at rwy 16L and the crack/tear at near end runway when I started to exit the rwy. Last few week I crashed once when take off rwy 16C.

Could you please also test KSJC runway 30L, crashed there too. It just happened to me here after World Update 3 UK and latest patch.

All accidents happened with A320neo at high knots!

1 Like

Yea the person that painted those lines had definitely been into some Okolehao!!
Regards

2 Likes

It was that taxiway parallel to 34. Like from ramp 82 heading north to runway 9. It wasn’t bad…well, I assume it wouldn’t have been at a normal speed, but it shocked the ■■■■ out of me in VR.

1 Like

:100: how many times I crashed landing at SFO because of those cracks or tears on the ground!

You want to experience elevation changes, you should take a little tour around CYXS. Transition between runway 15/33 and 24 requires a high speed turn onto 24 and nearly full throttle to make the hill. :wink:
I have never been able to make the taxiway. Can’t turn fast enough. If you slow enough for the turn then you can’t generate enough power to climb. VX is only a dream. :rofl:

1 Like

FSDT is doing PHNL at some point soon. It’ll be top quality.

1 Like

KPHX also has bumps on Romeo taxiway that cause a/c to crash.