New World Map in MSFS with OpenStreetMap

I’ve always wanted to have a map with OpenStreetMap (relief). This is just an example, edited with Photoshop. What do you think? Obviously with the possibility to choose the different map styles, including the default.

I don’t like it at all. Much too messy and unnecessary.

I would love it. I really enjoy to learn about lake names, city or town names, mountain names and such.

I voted yor request but Be aware there is already another post with more votes. You could cast your vote there too.

2 Likes

I think it would be great to have something like this as an overlay option for the world map, but I wouldn’t want it instead of the existing options.

4 Likes

Nice, i think.

Do you know that littlenavmap has exactly that with several different maps to choose. (your img looks like coming from lnm)

And if you want google map def/sat/elev and others then you can download additional maps.

But most on point is that littlenavmap also can be displayed in some form ingame, i have not tried that but only seen some posts about it.

Not instead of the world map though.

2 Likes

Everyone can choose the type of map.

1 Like

Actually, why not add a VFR map for when planning VFR flights, and an IFR low/high route for IFR flights, as options, of course.

5 Likes

Why should a MS product: MSFS, not use a MS product: Bing?
any suggests for a map:

• background map, switchabel to:
    ** Satelite (low scale with current earth texture, great scale with Bing)
    ** grey as now
    ** Bing Maps full
    ** Bing Maps close to ICAO maps: with relief and hipsometric colours, water line/poly, streets, railway, power line, big obstacles (lightfires) and main city polygons
    ** overall switchable with/without permament labels for background map
  • additional vector layers
    ** IFR low route
    ** IFR high route
6 Likes

I like it.

1 Like