New Zealand South Island Bush Trip Leg 3 Can’t Be Completed - NZWE Not Available

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No mods are running when this has happened

Brief description of the issue:

On the 3rd Leg of the trip it shows going to NZWE but on the Garmin it is showing NZ17. When Landing there I don’t get the finished screen so not sure on how to finish without getting this fixed on this bush trip.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest build it is currently 9/5/2023

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I noticed this on one of the New Zealand trips as well. Land where the Nav Log tells you to land, not where the GPS indicates. The GPS indicates one extra waypoint for that leg.

IIRC, you are following a highway (which itself is following a river) across a large flat valley of fields. The nav log tells you find an intersection of another highway that comes in from your left. The nav log puts you close to the runway but it is hard to see the grass runway in the fields; use the picture in the nav log to find the airport buildings in the scenery. If you are exactly on track by the GPS the buildings are directly in front of you and the runway starts immediately after you cross the intersecting highway.

1 Like

The Nav Log says to land at NZWE Which does not exist. I’ve landed at NZ17 which shows same location. Picture on Nav Log also shows the same as where i landed But that is NZ17 not NZWE Which no longer exist. Thanks for trying to help but clearly there is a bug somewhere.

I have the same issue on this leg. (Neils Beach)

Hello All
Just a heads up. I believe there is a problem with Bush Trip New Zealand South Island Riverton to Takaka. Leg 3 in the NAV log says LEG destination is NZWE. The route on the VFR map shows it as NZ17 not NZWE. Upon arriving at NZ17/NZWE, it does not register as LEG COMPLETE. To bad, the scenery is beautiful.
ty

1 Like

5 comment’s saying you have issue but still 0 votes…

Yes

New Zealand South Island Bush Trip, Leg 3. NZWE is no longer available in navdata, only NZ17. (Similar issue to the Balkans BT where an airport was removed) This prevents leg 3 being completed. Version 1.34.14.0 Other Info Additional: I had completed this BT when it was first released and it is 100% complete for me, however restarting this BT now, I can not pass Leg3.

1 Like

YES

OP & JudgedBug901129 have described it perfectly.

It looks as if NZWE is actually Kauaroa Bay Heliport on the North Island.

Yes. I am unable to complete leg three of the NZ South Island bush trip in MSFS on PC (Steam).

Normally while on a bush trip flight bringing the aircraft to a stop on the runway at the specified airfield completes the current leg. In this instance, though, stopping has no effect. I’ve tried stopping on the runway, on the taxiway, in the parking area, on the adjacent beach, and in several locations in the vicinity, but have been unable to complete the leg.

2 Likes

Yes
As previously described, it’s not possible to complete the 3rd Leg on this bush trip

Same issue here!

Same issue as everyone else. Tried again today after SU13, still not fixed.
Logged zendesk Request #198594 on 06Sept23

Same issue here. I’ve tried altering the raw bush trip files and replacing all instances of NZWE to NZ17, to no avail. The in-plane GPS nav log shows the correct airport but the bush trip still won’t complete. I also followed the GPS to the end of leg 4 (NZGT) in the hope it would complete leg 3 AND 4, but nope. There’s something hard coded in that needs to be fixed by the devs

Same issue here. :cry:

Same issue here

Looke like NZWE Niels Beach exists on the old https://fsxmap.com/, however it is no longer an active airport.

As the closest airport, I could recommend NZHT Haast Aerodrome.

Does anyone know which files need to be changed?
microsoft-bushtrip-southnz.FLT and/or microsoft-bushtrip-southnz.PLN?

(Hope it’s not microsoft-bushtrip-southnz.spb, because that one is binary… :roll_eyes: )

Provide extra information to complete them original description of the issue:flying leg from Queenstown to Neil’s beach airport.
Nav log says flight is to NZWE this does not exist it’s NZ17 on the Garmin.
Landed about 5 times same result does not register as completed

Same issue here

I have the issue (Steam). I even removed the bush trip completely and then I downloaded it again to restart completely fresh.
Unfortunately that didn’t help either :tired_face: