Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 and VR

Not necessarily. After learning a lot on Xsimulator forums, and consulting the gurus there, I built my own ultra-budget 2DOF motion VR cockpit, and it doesnt’ just have full motion (not a “seat mover”, the whole cockpit moves!), but I also built a large-throw pendular yoke that also converts to a large-throw joystick, 9-axis Boeing-style universal throttle quadrant with thrust reversers and everything + trim wheel and aileron/rudder trim knob, 6 dual encoder + 8 button box, switch box with boeing-style gear lever, and HOTAS throttle that converts to heli collective and it’s switch box. And DIY buttkickers! The experience is out of this world! I can fly all kinds of planes and helicopters the proper way, and controls are so much better than anything you can buy within reasonable budget. And I only spent about $430 in parts total. For the whole rig and controls! Well, if you count the stuff I had lying around, maybe $550 or so, if youhave to buy everything… The sky is the limit though. People are building 6DOF platforms, but those are much more expensive due to powerful motors/actuators and othe material cost. But believe me, even 2DOF like mine pushes the sim immersion to a whole new level. Buttkicker is a must though, it works very well with motion to trick your brain.