Niagara Falls Water Fix v0.1.0-alpha Released

Hey guys. just wanted to announce a couple of things, first of all the Niagara Falls scenery I’m working on is now available to download at my GitHub:
https://github.com/truemetro/kiag-niagara

This is a very very alpha version, the American Falls water model is not complete, and I’m waiting for a planned update to the SDK which will allow me to add water spray at the base of the falls.

Secondly, I’ve decided that even though I’ve put quite some time into this, it is more of a fix than a value-add, so It will be freeware, that’s why it’s on GitHub.

please do report obvious issues on the GitHub, I will be working on a known issues list. For example right now I know there is an issue with the watermasking that makes it look like there is no water below American Falls, I haven’t had the time to remask it yet.

Anyways, I thought I would release this because from my point of view it is at least better than default, and it will be improving. I’ll be submitting it to MSFSAddons at some point, but it’s not quite ready for that kind of prime-time yet.

Enjoy, and happy landings.

5 Likes

Can you share a screenshot or two?

could you please to tell what exactly i have to use? what’s mean dev version, i found kiag-niagara-master.zip\kiag-niagara-master\airport-kiag-niagra\Packages\truemetro-airport-kiag-niagara… so truemetro-airport-kiag-niagara have to be in the community dir… what about other part of zip? what to do with it?

Sure:

2 Likes

So the dev version is just that, it has all of the files necessary to open it up in the SDK. All you need is the folder in Packages.

rgr, thank you