No 5.1 sound in main 5.1 speakers with HP G2 speakers on only for to hear ATC

If I disable the G2 speakers in WMR settings, yes I have real 5.1 from MSFS, if not, only 2.0 sound for the 5.1 speakers, but I want to have the G2 speakers on in W11 WMR settings for then go in sound setting and select my 5.1 speakers as default sound and then in MSFS select the G2 USB 2.0 speakers for ATC.

If I disable in WMR the option of start with the G2 speakers, then they are disabled totally and I can´t find them to set it on for the ATC, and yes, then I have 5.1 sound. This is a nonsense problem that has not been corrected since years I think, for not to have that option or possibility for to have the G2 speakers on, without the necessity of set and check them of primary sound, and not to have each time I switch on the WMR to go to sound settings and select my 5.1 speakers as main speakers and default for primary sound system.

Is there already a solution or workaround?

I’m a little confused on the setup. Are you trying to get main audio to the surround speakers and ATC to the headset? I wasn’t aware that’s possible. But there are those odd audo bugs where the NXi will ding but nothing else makes sound.

Sound in WMR has been finicky for me.

Sorry this was of no help but I’m curious about this.

Yes, I do that already, I have ATC only in headset and other aircraft advisors sometimes only play in the headset too like altitude warnings etc., the best, and the rest of sound in the external 5.1 PC speakers. And if you use their microphone incorporated for IVAO VATSIM etc. it is perfect, you do not need another headset or microphone.

Do not worry you are welcome.

I also have my audio setup like that. Have to admit I hadn’t noticed it limited the main output to stereo but will keep an ear out for it.

Real shame if that’s the case, especially since I was obviously happy in my ignorance.

Having the G2 automatically set itself as Windows default output device everytime it’s switched on is a massive annoyance. Created a support ticket with MS on that but never got any response.

1 Like

Thanks, and tell us if you only hear the front speakers, stereo, I hope even it is not only mono haha. Once I switch off the G2 WMR, the 5.1 in the FS2020 store version, comes again, and the real 5.1, not one 2.0 stereo converted in a 5.1 for the speakers itself or the PC software.

I have a Logitech, Z906 5.1 THX, I think is its name.

Well for doing that with Microsoft, a shame to not to have even any response. I thought to do that but never did it.

And to have a real 5.1 even more important in VR for immersion.

That explains the loss of environmental sounds that happen on occasion. Only fix I’ve found so far is restarting the sim.

I’d guess the sim treats the headset as the rear channel based off the multichannel loss.

I have been testing earlier but only using the speakers in one of my monitors plus 7.1 headphones and that works. I will interested to find out if it is only 2.1 before I buy another 5.1 speaker system.

Was created a vote thread to try to solve this.

i have the same issue. 5 speakers work if WMR is off. turning WMR on switches everything to 2 speakers.

tried all settings, nothing is fixing it.

1 Like

I can see the 3D processing in VR would not be 5.1 compatible. But I suspect a good 5.1 setup should be better as long as your headset alignment was good.

Is this an issue in Steam VR too or s limitation in the sim?