No AI Aircraft Traffic - SU11

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When I have Aircraft Traffic Type set to “AI Offline” I do not see any flying aircraft at airports or when ATC tells me to confirm aircraft in sight. I’ve tried setting the AI Aircraft Density Traffic to 100% but no change (I normally have it at 50%). I’ve tested this while flying around the airport as well as cross country. If I enable Real-Time Online aircraft traffic within a few seconds there are many aircraft showing up around the airport. As soon as set the option back to AI Offline all traffic disappears and no AI aircraft show up despite waiting considerable time.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set the Aviation Traffic option to AI Offline. Select a default aircraft (C172) and select CYVR as the departure. Fly around the airport - note nothing seen for several minutes. While flying around open up the options and change the Aviation Traffic option to Real-Time Online and return to your flight. Within a few seconds note the aircraft showing up on the ground around the airport (have not waited to see if any take off or land). Go back into the options and set the Aviation Traffic option back to AI Offline and note the disappearance of all flying traffic again.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11 (40th Anniversary) for sure. Possibly as of WU11 (Canada) but I don’t remember if I’d noticed the empty skies prior to SU11.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Gates are populated with static aircraft, seems to be zero AI activity either airborne or ground based.

Moved down the coast to KSEA, same results: zero AI activity of any kind. (side note: Real-Time Online is injecting airborne flights around KSEA, must just be a slow arrival period at CYVR).
Screenshot 2022-12-11 075822

Yes

I can hear traffic moving in the GA parking area and taxiways but the planes are invisible

For me the issue and fix reported on this thread last year fixed the issue for me.

For me all the Cessnas were invisible and since they were the large majority of the AI traffic it often appeared that there was no AI traffic at all.

Hopefully in another couple of years Asobo will be able to integrate the fix that the community already developed for them a year ago.

EDIT:

Originally, I was posting again to say I had the same problem after SU12.

I stand corrected… with “AI OFFLINE” selected, after flying around KLAX for about 20 - 25 minutes I did eventually see a couple of airliners land, taxi, and take off. However, it was only three that I saw after watching for another 10 - 15 minutes… so, very sparse air traffic despite the slider being set at 100. Not what I expected. Also, the AI aircraft don’t display labels like the REAL-TIME ONLINE do. Given the sparsity and the lack of labels, I may have missed the odd one earlier today when testing.