No buildings after Navdata/World Hub Update for KOSH from 7-12-24

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

no

Brief description of the issue:

KOSH scenery after world hub update today includes no buildings.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

KOSH

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load into sim at KOSH, then look around

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xbox, hotas one

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Can confirm, no buildings anywhere at KOSH

1 Like

Yes

Indeed, very flat! I do not use rolling cache.

1 Like

Was this targeted by the editor? It doesn’t happen automatically - the editor has to turn the building exclusion on or off in the airport polygon. Even then, I’ve seen mixed results. In one airport I edited, I turned the exclusion off and I actually want to go back and turn it back on because the buildings it generated look awful (hangars 4-5x the height they should be, yuck).

1 Like

Not sure, I’m a lowly Xbox player and I’m not sure if I have any ability to change this.

In fairness, the runways now have the famous colored dots painted on them for the upcoming airshow, which is really neat!

If you have a tip to get the buildings back on Xbox, I would love to see it! The world hub is new to everybody, and I have never tried to edit anything in it, Im not even sure if I can on Xbox, but as somebody born and raised in Oshkosh, I’d love to have it more correct (runway dots included)

Sorry all! I just tried it out and yes, found that I inadvertently made a mistake with the Buildings Exclusion settings when editing this airport the second time. I fixed it and it is submitted, but unfortunately, once approved, it will not be released until the next Airac cycle release on August 8, 2024 (or soon after).

Changes from the previous in-sim version include:

• Remade taxiway along runway 27 per new Bing Maps aerial.
  • Adjusted taxi path to “new” taxiway.
  • On runway 5-23, replaced secondary threshold with secondary blast pad per Bing Maps aerial.
  • Removed all taxi path lighting and replaced with Individually placed lights in a light row using Bing Maps coordinates.
  • Added colored dots and squares used for landing during the EAA Convention held each year.
  • Revised runway access aprons to new design shown in current Bing Maps Aerial.
  • Added/changed/deleted taxiway signs as necessary for new location of taxiways and some that were missed in the first version of KOSH by this author.
  • Moved taxiway paths as needed per Bing Maps aerial.
  • Added some hold short lines as needed.
  • Added aprons as needed to cover bright spots, roads, etc.
6 Likes

Bummer. Air Venture at Oshkosh is in less than two weeks, so the fix will miss it.

For those on PC I think there is a KOSH on flightsim.to you could use temporarily if you want buildings.

Thanks man!

As said above, bummer it won’t be out before the airshow, Oshkosh is a wildly popular place for the week in the sim, and I have to miss the real airshow this year so I was planning on flying a lot in sim :joy: ah well such is life.

The dots are a cool addition though. Does world hub give you the ability to add some customization to buildings or add any static airplanes? Oshkosh is full of cool stuff year round, and as somebody who used to live there, I could tell you where to put it all :joy:

Yes, I was hoping to get KOSH in shape before the EAA Convention, too and thought I had until I was able to view the results. But the buildings disappeared. (You cannot view things 100% as they “will be” when using the World Hub). It IS a bummer. The layout of the airport should be correct, though.

As for now, the World Hub does not provide the ability to add customization to buildings or add static airplanes. I doubt very much whether it will ever allow custom buildings but there has been some speculation about allowing the addition of default buildings with custom x, y and z measurements. I’ll remember your offer should even default buildings be allowed one of these days. Thank you!

I live not too far from KOSH, so I’ve been able to attend a few times over the years. It is a great show!!

1 Like

My first kid will be born this next week, so this will be the first show I’ve missed in a long time. Usually I ride my bicycle from my parents house and around runway 9/27 and that’s how I got in growing up too :joy:

Static planes would be really cool, I don’t even really care for the airshow week scenery, I want to see the usual home planes at home, like the trimotor, B-17, B-25 and a bunch of DC-3s around. The trimotor and DC-3 are already in flight sim, I don’t know anything about scenery development, but I feel like those would be easy to place :man_shrugging:t2:

I don’t know of a way to place the MSFS planes using the World Hub, at least not right now. If someone out there knows how, I’m willing to give it a try. Are some of those planes the ones mounted on the grounds, that you can see from the highway? I don’t remember seeing the Trimotor, however. Isn’t that usually in a hangar?

1 Like

Well the trimotor is usually on tour selling rides. It’s usually kept inside the weeks hangar when it’s getting maintenance, but could be placed outside the weeks hangar (and if somebody is really ambitious, next to a B-17 and/or B-25 or MiG-21 on the ramp)

And yes, there’s a few jets visible from the highway, and a few that aren’t that are mounted on poles.

I just have really ambitious ideas for somebody who can’t develop scenery :joy:

I may look into the possibility of making a “corrected” KOSH (with the correct building settings) and make it available temporarily via a download from Google Drive. It would require use of the full SDK, not the World Hub subset. But not sure if I can squeeze it in for a while.

1 Like

Won’t work on an Xbox, unfortunately.

A pc is in my future, but probably not at least until MSFS 2024.

1 Like

Darn! I was hoping that would help you. Anyway, congratulations on your soon-to-be-born!

1 Like

Yes

All procedurally generated buildings (hangars) at KOSH are gone.

EDIT: I now see it’s been acknowledged and a fix submitted.