No change in fps with DLSS what Nvidia CP settings?

I am running a 3090FE with the latest studio driver v517.40 and when I turn on DLSS in the general settings in the sim I get zero change in fps. Is there something in the Nvidia control panel that needs to be set? Let’s see your setting please.

1 Like

DLSS will help only if your fps are limited by the GPU. If you are main thread limited, you won’t see an improvement. Use the developer mode & enable the ‘display fps’ option to see which is the case for you.

3 Likes

I also have 0 FPS gains, also the studio driver is NOT the driver needed for the update

1 Like

Okay, that explains it then. I am main thread limited. Honestly it would have just been icing on the cake to get more fps, but I’m happy where I am. I hardly ever check my fps because the sim is very smooth at ultra settings. Thanks for your help.

If you have the money, I just got an intel i9 12900k and I finally got rid of the CPU bottleneck, now 60 perfect fps all around with my RTX 3070 :wink:

Which cpu did you have before?
I think I’ll wait for Intel’s 13th gen.

let us know your CPU and overclocking settings, maybe we can help you get some gains in that department

NICE! Let us know your undervolting and overclock settings for the 12900K. We all need to make those changes just as soon as possible to thwart the single thread (single processor) dilemma. Now keep in mind, most of us just have standard Cooling such as the Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler as opposed to things like a custom water-block full cooling solution. So keep that in mind when presenting your undervolting and overclocking settings for your Intel 12900K. Also, I heard that we should NOT use cinebench for benchmarking , that we should stick to simply using the flight simulator as our benchmarking tool. So I think it would be best if all the forum users start using MS2020 and a standard set of graphics settings for benchmarking but I digress. Sorry to ramble on. I am grateful you pointed out your new CPU since that reminded me of the above things still on my to-do list.

The i9900KF which is around 50% less powerful. The difference changing the CPU made is brutal, most noticeably in heavy airports.

I did not seem to need any undervolting/overclocking, I just left the factory settings and it works perfectly all around. In what regards the cooling, I got the 360k from MSI, it won’t pass 70º under heavy load :wink:

Only issue I hace found is there are certain old games, such as Napoleon Total War, which are not compatible with the CPU.

1 Like

Hello, I currently have the i9 10900k you had to change the MOBO as well to upgrade to 12900k? I long figured out that my i9 is slowing down the whole sim! I will upgrade to the 13gen I guess hopefully I will finally run around 60 FPS in the future.

Yup for most folk the cpu is the bottleneck however I do recommend they experiment with DX12. Of course that means recalibrating from scratch with frame caps removed. Best results seem to be achieved when mainthread and gpu frame times match over moderate to difficult scenery.

I did, the 10th gen socket is not compatible with the new 12th gen. The 12th and 13th gen processors use the same MOBO socket though, the 2100 I believe it is called.

Thanks, can you tell me your avarage fps and what plane you fly in heavy areas! I am just looking to not go bellow 30fps in JFK or Atlanta with the fenix 320 at 4k ultra :smiley:

I usually fly from LEMD (Madrid) to Barcelona (LEBL), LATINVFR’s sceneries are ones of the most demanding available in the marketplace.

In Madrid I get 35-30fps in the Fenix and 40-50 in PMDG’s 738, in Barcelona +5 fps to this.

But don’t pay too much attention to fps, before I upgraded I was experiencing rerrible stutters on final, now there are no stutters and my landings are super smooth, that is the big difference.

Hi thanks for your reply! I think that I will go forward with the I9 13th Gen hopfully it will balance with the 3090.

1 Like

A couple of months ago I put together a new liquid cooled PC with i5-12600K - TUF 3090 - 32GB DDR5.
The performance was not bad but at KLAX with Fenix A320 in ULTRA 3440x1440 it did not go beyond 40-45 FPS with CPU at 35% and GPU at 50%.
Thinking it was a CPU limitation, a few days ago I sold the i5-12600K and bought the i9-13900K which should be at least 20% better performing.
To my surprise I noticed that at KLAX with Fenix A320 I only have 2-3 FPS more with CPU at 15% and GPU still at 50%.
The CPU basically sleeps and the GPU dozes, how could such a thing be possible?

Yes, I have the same problem.

When I turn on DLSS I have no FPS improvement.

GPU is a 3080 12GB and CPU : AMD 5800x3D.

Resolution is 3840x1200.

Here I’m more in GPU limit… Then why don’t I have a better FPS?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dlss-functional/554167/6