No clouds or weather please read! Fix

Please try turning off ipv6 in your router settings and network adapter on your pc. This instantly fixed the problem after a pc and modem reset. Here’s the post it was discovered on. Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown - #107 by Grizz3150

Is that something Asobo is aware of and could be fixed on FS2020 side ?, I know you don’t have the answer but if a Dev is looking at this post, it could maybe be reported as a bug.

I opened a ticket with them before I found the fix.I added the fix to the ticket but it’s been open for a week now with no response :confused:

1 Like

I am on the Ethernet so it doesn’t apply to me. Still have a problem

Did you try to turn it off for the ethernet?

Yes, it doesn’t matter what I do. I’ll just use REX weather for now.

Happy to say it works for me!

For several weeks now I have not had any live weather at all. No clouds on the world map and no live weather on any selected flight.
I thought I had tried everything and was about to give up.
But then I spotted this thread and disabled IPv6 on my Ethernet Card and it worked a treat. Full live weather again and very happy.
Thank you :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Does this help for the sudden weather break, or is it just a fix for those without live weather?

I wouldn’t call this a “fix” as there is clearly something wrong on Asobo/Ms side. A Customer shouldn’t be suppost to disable something in the router settings or network card to have a feature in a game.

And if I look back, how long this issue is present in the simulator, this is just sad.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed weather breaks since I turned it off. Sadly I don’t like calling it a fix due to it being a Asobo/Microsoft issue but it Atleast makes it playable