No cockpit view in slew mode

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

There is no choice of view available in slew mode - it forces you to an external view without even a choice of viewing angle. Slew mode should not change the current view. I need to see OBS and GPS while slewing. Very inconvenient to have to switch back out of slew to see where I went, then switch back in to move again to correct, ad infinitum. Far as I can see, this is just some program developer’s whimsy to change the view in slew.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I suspect all builds have this issue, I’m using 1.26.5.0.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Agreed. Seems like you could do this on older versions, prior to FS2020. Would be nice to have the ability to change cameras in slew mode, and not be locked to the external tail view. Sometimes when practicing approaches, it is nice to slew back outside the final approach fix / outer marker and fly the approach again. Difficult to do precisely from the external view.

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. This should be addressed. If you are checking the alignment of an ILS for example it makes it entirely clumsy. The view mode should NOT be tied to slew mode.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Moved to User Support Hub Miscellaneous since this is not a bug but rather a new functionality request. An existing wish exists: