No control ability in MSFS2020

Currently I am trying to use a easy SMX game controller in MSFS 2020. I can go into the control options and it recognizes the controller and everything is mapped by default as it is showing everything working when trying the mapped buttons. However, when in the sim the controller does nothing. This is the same as with the keyboard. Nothing works. I am hoping for a flight yoke and rudder pedals from Santa this year but would like to use the Sim a little before he gets here. Any suggestions on what to do or what I may be doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

I set my dad up with an EasySMX controller. He was hating life, only able to land once, whipping out of control and diving. I was just searching and think the controller has settings to toggle Xinput (basically new standard for Xbox style gamepad), Dinput, Dinput emulation, and maybe a Ps3 setting? Hold the center button 5 seconds to toggle these modes. On mine specifically it requires the upper two lights to be lit. It might take a moment to enable new drivers for each mode. The other options for lights are the lower two lights, and both pairs of diagonals. Hope this is the solution for you!

We found success! By changing the input mode to Xinput he now has control and all the buttons mapped automatically. He also had to pull the dongle, and when plugged back in it loaded drivers as a new device. It shows up in MSFS as an XBOX style controller now. He was so happy to be able to fly finally! He just needs to work on softer movements now :slight_smile:

Which lights will be lit when it’s in Xinput. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Tried all the input modes that came up and still nothing works not even the keyboard. About to give up!

The top two should be illuminated. Then pull and replace the dongle (mine is cordless). I believe that windows recognized it then as a new device and installed it.

After that it “just worked”. Controller appeared in options, buttons were mapped, in-game tips would reference the buttons by their proper name. I as a non-pilot flew the Cessna 152 trainer around for a bit. I found it highly sensitive but also very usable and intuitive from a gaming perspective.

Sounds like MSFS was seeing your controller though. Check out this other post, tons of input information, but specifically they mention turning off the A.I. pilot.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-control-surfaces/196458/6?u=opticcash621420

Good suggestion to unplug and replug in devices. I don’t get why this should be necessary, but it is.

FS2020 went through setup for devices, but still not working. In Controls setup, I can see the devices moving, buttons work, but in flight I get nothing. Frustrating

One last time. The sim got set to “Copilot in control”. As a result, none of my controls worked, even though they worked in the Controls screen. Fix with Ctrl-Alt-X

same problem with HOTAS joystick and keyboard!!

Try control alt x

I’m also having this problem. Also I noticed a change decrease in scenery texture from when I first installed FS. Scenery location I use to observe change is Sedona, AZ airport. Originally beautiful red rocks now ho hum green yawn. Did you ever hear back from anyone? TIA