No coral reefs and wrong tropical water colors... Again

All these beautiful areas that were there are gone after the USA update.
The shores worsen with every update.
In some areas, like Phuket, perfectly good beaches previously now look like sand colored CLIFFS.

1 Like

Asobo again had no problem finding something to downgrade.

I too noticed every single issues you’ve mentioned.

I know the beaches are bugged, but what about the watermasks? Still no changes to that?

Well, how on earth is this game going to run smoothly on newer high resolution headsets?

You guys need to port that topic to “Self-Serve / Bugs and issues” so we can vote the s*** out of this and get Asobo’s attention to fix it.

1 Like

In the last Q&A they said they’d be pushing some water masks to us "soon™. We’re still waiting.

1 Like

They’re aware of it. I submitted a bug report after all masking was removed with the USA world update and they marked it as solved. I just wonder why on Earth they removed all masking with the latest update, was it intentional or an accident? There’s no way they could think no one would notice.

Glad to see that they are aware of our concerns. Thanks for submitting. I noticed the change with the USA update and wondered if action was taken after receiving complaints about issues with some of the imagery used in water masking. I enjoyed flying over the areas even with the few issues.

Me too. I am soooo hoping water masking is back with the next update, that and a fix for the water creeping up the cliffs along the coastline. I do a lot of tropical climate flying and since the update wrecked those two things I don’t feel as much like flying those regions now.

Still waiting for the adverted water masks Asobo.

1 Like

There are still coupe of places left:
Governer’s Harbour. The whole island from south to north have them.

Marked as “solved” in ZenDesk means nothing. It just means someone copy-pasted your bug from the ZenDesk system to Asobo’s actual bug tracker, so they can ignore it better.

We have voted this up in several Q&As now and Asobo or Microsoft makes some stupid excuse every time. Sometime the excuses don’t even match up.

It’s false advertising plain and simple.

1 Like

Well, it was there for plenty of islands before the most recent patch. I agree with you in that the videos they show and advertise don’t reflect a ton of what we actually see. Just look at Mo’orea French Polynesia in their Oceania video. But again, a good amount of the Caribbean and Hawaii DID have wonderful water masking until the last patch.

I know solved doesn’t mean much but it does appear to mean they are aware. When they’ll add it back is unknown. I do hope to God it’s in the next patch. It’s getting so I’m becoming less and less interested in taking flights now with all the downgrades.

This has been brought up by the last Q&A by those up votes you mentioned:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/state-of-water-masks/322710/9?u=hester40mt

All Q&A’s are archived at the bottom of the forum with the Answers from the devs.

I watched the Q&A, thank you very much. Don’t need your canned answer.

It’s been weeks, and the last couple of hotfixes/patches actually removed more water masks areas from the game instead of adding them.

1 Like

Thread closed as it has been answered:

State of Water masks? - Archives / Live Dev Answers - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums