No coral reefs and wrong tropical water colors... Again

On the last video, which was released on 29 october 2020 there are shown beautiful water textures and coral reefs. But in the latest version of Flight Simulator there are nothing like this! Where are the coral reefs which are shown on a video? It seems like we are using totally different version of flight simulator… I am sorry to tell, but it feels like developers are making “fake” videos to fool the customers… Sad but true… Just compare those screenshots from the same locations on a video and in flight sim…

Microsoft Flight Simulator – South America, Central America & The Caribbean – Around the World Tour

44 Likes

You would think they’d at least fix the water masks for the areas they showcase.

23 Likes

Anybody else have a general feeling that the graphic quality is somehow deteriorating?
On the topic here: what are your settings?

14 Likes

I agree this is not a good developement.

6 Likes

maybe we get a world update: oceanic xD

1 Like

Here are the settings I am using.

False advertisment like this puts Microsoft and Asobo in a really bad light.

27 Likes

Was thinking same… false advert !

16 Likes

It’s false advertising, they create a special version of the sim that shows the reefs, etc but it never gets pushed into the build we can look at.

I’ve heard some rambling excuse of a technical reason, but it’s still false advertising.

17 Likes

I think it’s safe to say everything from their own marketing to the countless YouTube videos were all false advertising… Perhaps it’s were they want to be, but certainly not release date.

2 Likes

As I said there’s the marketing fluff.,. and reality. The two rarely look the same. Marketing is an elaborate lie to get consumers hooked in to buy a product. Then they set up a ‘customer service’ department to deal with the complaints and backlash. But hey what does it matter, we got suckered and bought the product already. Hook line and sinker

Yes. It’s called preparation for the Xbox version.

Well, if developers have some “secret” flightsim version for promo and marketing, why they can’t release this version for the customers? It seems like we all are using some pre alpha version, and developers are using special and beautiful flight simulator version which is miles ahead of our version… Their version is running steady 60 fps in 4K and have no performance issues. Better colors, better textures, better water textures, better weather effects etc.

6 Likes
2 Likes

This issue needs more visibility. Quite shocking tbh.

8 Likes

Can we ask @Jummivana to see if she can get an answer for us on this?

1 Like

Before jumping the boat I would really like to hear from the devs themselves concerning this!

1 Like

Is called “After effects” to edit videos…

2 Likes

Agreed. I am frustrated like everyone else with the lack of progress and bug fixes, but to go as far as to say their inadvertently false advertising is a bit absurd. Hope I am wrong.

1 Like

this absolutely requires explanation from asobo and microsoft. it’s unacceptable.

3 Likes