No ground workers anymore

I can’t see any ground workers activity, even when I raise the level to 100.

I’ve read other topics saying it could have been caused by a third-party airport, so I disabled them all and rebooted FS-2020.
Unfortunately their still missing.

Another issue could be the scenery.xml file, but this file doesn’t exist on my PC (even when I switch to “Display hidden and system files”).

It does seem like a mod conflict, but the conflict may not be related to another airport.
You could prove that by starting the sim in 'Safe" mode which does not load any addons.

I always restart my PC whenever I experience sudden issues with MSFS. Most often than not it resolves the issue. It’s as though something becomes stuck or cache issue within the PC and the sim.

I noticed no ground employees at KALB (Albany, NY) a couple hours ago. The machine that moves aircraft was sitting without the employee and the flagman was also gone.

1 Like

Due to their often suicidal behaviour, it could be that attrition has taken it’s toll! :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks,

I have tried “Safe-mode” (in my case, I disabled all addons through MSFS ‘Addon-manager’) which should be the same as using “Safe-mode”, right?

I also checked (reset’ed?) My Traffic-settings to default. In other words, I disabled “Fsltl” and used the default settings in MSFS.

Still I don’t see any Workers- or ground-activity.

Well, I don’t miss them. I switch them off so they can’t walk into a spinning propellor anymore :grinning:

That will disable anything installed by the Content Manager added to the Official-One Store file, it will not disable anything in the Community Folder.

Thanks,

You’re right about ‘some addon’ is causing the lack of workers.
I disabled all addons and they are back. All I have to do now is to find out which one is causing this.

Btw, Addon-linker puts shortcuts of the addons in the community folder. When you disable ‘all addons’ through Addon-linker it simply removes the shortcuts to your addons leaving the community folder empty.

1 Like

Look for airport mods with an “AirportServices” folder in the community and offical folder. If the “Services”-file is a xml-file - it’s most likely the reason for the missing ground services.

1 Like

Thanks airjuneau,
This might narrow down my search :+1:

So is there a way to reinstate the missing workers or even a download to do this?

I read elsewhere to rename AirportServices to Airport Services by simply using a space between Airport and Services.

I searched the Community Folder and renamed the ones found but still i don’t see any ground workers even though its set to 100% in the sim. Perhaps the info i read is wrong?

I’ve seen lots of support from within the community (thanks)!
Is there no one from the Microsoft- or Asobo staff who can solve this problem?

You have to delete all the xml-files in the “AirportServices” folders. I don’t think renaming it will solve the problem.

I just looked in all my “AirportServices” folders and not one of them contain any xml-files

Thanks airjuneau,
I’ve deleted them all but unfortunately still no workers.

I heard that in some cases a broken “LivingWorld_Config” file could prevent the ground crew from showing up. Go to your “Community” folder and search for “LivingWorld_Config” files. Remove them from you “Community” folder an try again.

Thanks again, I’ll try it (of course after making a back-up like I always do).
Did you encounter the same problem (since you read so much topics about the issue)?

I had this problem a lot and I contacted a lot of developers to make them aware about this. Unfortunately, some did not believe me and refused to update their sceneries. I think it’s reall sad that this old problem is stll so unknown to some developers.

1 Like