No info in the weather radar - garmin

I am flying with no mods. In normal mode. When I select the weather radar, there is no information (I can select the weather pages in tge MFC, both vertical and horizontal, but no clouds) although there is cleary overcast. I Fly for several minutes and nothing.

I tried both the TBM and the Da62

My version is microsoft. Latest update. It was working before, at least one month ago.

But is there also moisture in the overcast? If it’s just cloud without anything significant in terms of turbulence or moisture, it won’t show up on the radar. Before SU4 (top of mind, don’t hold me to it) it showed clouds so that was actually wrong.

Maybe someone with more experience in avwx can make it more clear

1 Like

I was flying on liverpool today, no clowds. That is strange. I will try in other locations.

EDITED: yes. you were right. I went to an area with rain and a storm and the clouds were visible. Cheers

Hi,

Same issue here with TBM 930 or Airbus 320 Neo or 747: no information displayed on the weather radar.

No mods / normal mode / Running latest version with all updates.

Tried to fly in various locations with cloudy weather and still nothing shows up on the radar. Any idea?

Nemausus, as explained above by AwesomeBlack533, since update 4 the radar weather only detects rain (as in real life, apparently).

1 Like

That’s it. Weather radar in real life detect rain/moisture, not clouds. It was a mistake of the radar since release of MSFS. Since SU4, it is correct, not complete, a weather radar is more complex (tilt managment, shadowing, ground clutter…) but it is more correct now.

Hi,

I am flying the FBW A 320 mod. Weather radar works prior the update perfectly! Was showing only the rain. Now, it looks like, there is a bug after update. Lot of CB and rain, not displayed on the ND. Tested it also with the original 320.

Tested it with out life weather and a selected rain situation. Nothing displayed on the ND. I asked the dev team of FBW and they said, they only use the data provided by microsoft. they didn´t change anhything.

Anyone else with that issue ?!

Greets Klaus

Yes, I’ve had that several times since the changes to the weather radar.

Only yesterday did I have clouds in front of me again, I turn on the weather radar, nothing to see.

Ok, I think, I can fly through it, they also look very bright, still nothing to watch on the weather radar.

Then I fly through and within seconds I’m frozen.

So if the weather radar now only shows humidity, like the real thing, it doesn’t seem to work so well or the sensitivity has to be increased.

The only time I see something on the radar is when there are really big rain clouds, everything else is apparently not displayed at the moment.

But ice is just a general problem in the sim.

I mean that you shouldn’t freeze so quickly at -20C even if I’m flying through clouds, because the moisture is already frozen there anyway.
So I’m more likely to fly through small micro-ice crystals that shouldn’t attach themselves to the aircraft as quickly, if at all, as they are currently doing in the sim.

At the moment it is just the case that when it is cold around you, you have to avoid all the clouds, otherwise you will freeze over.

hi,

after 2 hours of fight it made a bing and weather is displayed in a situation which are only few cloud in the vicinity. hmmmm … Seems to be a bug cause I took of in kMSy with realy overcast layers and a lot of CB around me, flashlight and so on and a blank weather radar. hope they can fix it.

After every update there is trouble with the weather. I don´t understand why always working stuff is broken after updates … hmmm …

and another plop an it is gone … 100% bug

clear of rain … ?! nevr :-p …

why RWY 06 … Nothing changed to the old Versions. Most of the time wrong runway … OMG …

grafik

grafik

I use A320N flying in the storm,but the weather radar has no information about the weather.there is a lot of lighting around me.I can hear the storm

Yes the weather radar stays out of order and shows nothing no matter how dense the clouds or the storms are.
The weather radar stays out of order until a new flight is started with live weather deactivated and a custom weather preset for overcast, rain, or thunderstorm is chosen.

Here are some screenshots from a short TBM930 testflight I did two days ago in Ferrari-themed painting because some one opened a new “color: red screenshots” gallery.

I am not sure if it`s a Garmin 3000 bug or something else, because I never had any problems with terrain or weather radar gauges before :slight_smile: the problems will surely be fixed soon.

After deleting the Garmin3000 and Roadmaps folder inside the Community folder and downloading the newest versions from GitHub the weather radar now works again flawless and shows data even in live weather conditions :smiley_cat: