No Interest in Reno Air Race!

Wow what Happen to Simmers?

Cannot find a race at any time of the day. Maybe MSFS Team can have a schedule race day with giveaways to gain interest again. Is there a twitch channel where you can meet other simmers and schedule a time for a race.

just a thought!

2 Likes

I guess it is just too repetitive.

I really wish with introduction of gliders in Q4 they also add a multiplayer glider races in the mountains add-on like glider grand prix - SAILPLANE GRAND PRIX - YouTube
There is speed, there is proximity flying, there are tactics and different routes you can go - way more fun and interesting than Reno IMHO.

When this first came out, I like many simmers wondered how long this would be a “thing”. I didn’t think it would be popular for as long as it has been, but I definitely didn’t see the appeal. But hey, to each his own. If you like that, more power to you.

What I think would be great is some kind of cross-country race like The Great Race (1965) - IMDb (except in the air of course :wink:). Cross country, continent, whatever. You wouldn’t need special DLC for it, but you would need the sim to stay up longer than a couple of hours. Various wind speeds, when to stop for fuel, the best routes to take for speed, all of that would be part of the race.

1 Like

It was obvious. Glad I didn’t waste a penny on it. Expensive too.

2 Likes

I bought the $19.95 version to try out, I like to take a break from time to time from flying around
to having a little competitive fun. I found out later that if you don’t have the same plane as your
competitor its very difficult to have a fair race. before I posted I was going to buy a couple more faster planes at $10.00 each to have a chance at a good race. Now, I will hold off since there are no simmers
online.

I will give my son a call to see if he is willing to buy the Base game at $19.95 and use the new private match feature.

I’m also a bit disappointed by the air race pack - only played it a few times and as others have said with not many players online it gets a bit boring. Not a total waste though - at least I can use the aircraft outside of the air races, and they are quite nice and detailed aircraft too!

I guess the only way this can stay alive for me is to find enough friends who still enjoy
the races and have a private match.

With all those thousands who attend the actual race every year there’s got to be a few simmers
in the bunch to keep this alive.

I really like this idea! maybe it could include some small giveaways
like they do in the discords and weekly MSFS Fly-ins.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.