No lights at Islamabad airport (OPIS)

Sorry if this isn’t the right forum,

I was planning on doing a flight from Islamabad international Airport (OPIS) and it’s like its suffered from a power cut so to speak, no taxi way lights, no runway lights nothing other than the terminal lights and the taxi way signs, the runway and taxi areas are black. Was it developed like this, only a quick wiki search shows its the main airport for that part of Pakistan, if I was flying out of Chaklala Airport (OPRN) I’d understand as that airport is no longer in use in real life.

Tried flying out of Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International (OPLA) to see if its the same but surprisingly it’s exactly how an airport should be at night all lit up lights on in the right places. Is this a bug or what only it’s really annoying as I like to fly with live settings so Pakistan’s time zone is always night.

1 Like

For OPIS you can try this mod. For other airports where night lighting is missing - this one - I believe OPIS is included here as well, but I did not check.

I noticed the same at Prague. Hardly any light anywhere. I don’t think its exclusive to Islamabad.

There are 37,000 default airports in FS2020. Noe of them have lights on the aprons, ramps or gates.

Apparently, most people fly during the day to see the scenery so…there is no need for airport lights.

I raised this with Zendesk and on the forums a year ago after the sim was launched. Unfortunately, Microsobo did not think it sufficiently important to do anything about it.

Auto-generated airports generally have very few lights. At a gate you may have a faint glow from the “frosted” windows but at other parking spots it’s just pitch black.

I’ve been doing an around-the-world-in-short-hops trip for most of the last year and try to only be at handmade airports after dark. Even at some of the Asobo-provided handmade airports you just have a bunch of floating glowing orbs that light the place up. (EDDF has a runway off to one side – 25R, I think – with a long taxiway that just has lights floating above it, in the middle of the taxiway were no lamp post could be.)

That’s actually really annoying I mainly use the passenger jets so for a majority of the time I don’t often see the scenery at high altitudes.

The terminals I’m not overly bothered by but landing is so hard when you effectively got nothing to guide you, same with take offs at least with some lights you have that rough idea of how far you’ve got. Though I really don’t understand why an AI generated in a capital city can’t have any sort of lights is ridiculous. Islamabad (OPIS) Pakistan’s capital city airport doesn’t have lighting yet Lahore’s airport (OPLA) is lit up like a Christmas tree. The devs could at least make it so that the airports in the capital cites have lights

In one of the Dev Q&As, Martial said they haven’t found an auto-generate formula that works for everywhere. I have to take him at his word.

This item was delivered in World Update 6 (1.19.8.0).